Senior Python Backend Developer
How your work with us will look like?
You will be developing new features, supporting more exchanges, more blockchains, and more DeFi protocols. There is also always a lot of troubleshooting of user reported issues, bugs, and feature requests that are coming our way. You can improve our current Python backend implementation and help us get Rotki to the next level!
As an open source project, we work collaboratively on our codebase on GitHub in a style that should be familiar to anyone who has participated in an OSS community before. If you haven’t — we’re happy to support you in defining and writing great feature descriptions, and breaking them down into dev tasks, and shipping them to customers around the world.
This is an early stage open source company, so there is an opportunity to take on a variety of tasks beyond the app, such as the backend of the website, and our API.
What we offer
- A full-time position, but are open to part-time contributors as well. If located in Germany we can provide full employment with insurance and social benefits.
- Flexible working hours. We sync once per day, but other than that you decide when you work.
- Remote / WFH
- Training in the specifics of the project and guidance through the sector of cryptocurrencies and decentralized finance
- Participation in conferences and events to represent rotki and get to know other fascinating projects from the field (travel expenses are on us)
- Up to €2k for hardware allowance (laptop, dappnode, office equipment etc) upon passed probation period
- Up to €80K for a full time (depending on experience)
- No telecommuting
- No Agencies Please
- Excellent command of Python.
- Write tests for features you code and bugs you fix. Not strict TDD, but we’re always looking to increase test coverage
- Understanding of the frontend tech used in Rotki: Typescript + vue.js + electron. This role doesn’t require you to be a front end expert, but understanding of these technologies will help you.
- Experience with distributed systems: we connect to API endpoints and nodes for various blockchains.
- Understanding of Ethereum blockchain structures, nodes, and API endpoints
- Experience with any other blockchain stack — e.g. Cosmos, Substrate, etc.
- Sharing our values on open source, data ownership and privacy
Non-technical bonus points:
- 4 hours daily overlap with European working hours 0900 CET - 1700 CET for smoother teamwork
- Can work independently, but co-operates well with other team members
- Experience managing teams
- Proactive and customer-oriented
About the Company
What is rotki?
Rotki helps manage accounts and blockchain transactions. It’s local-first, privacy focused and all open source. We are long time contributors to the Ethereum ecosystem and general crypto space. In order to support more blockchains (Cosmos, Roll Ups, etc.), and to continue to ship new features we need the help of a backend Python developer. Our project is open source, so feel free to take a look at our codebase here: https://github.com/rotki/rotki