Note: The role is 100% remote.
It's our time to scale. It's your time to be part of something big.
Tulip's mission is bold. We're a team of experts who have worked with and for retailers over the past 20 years. We are driven to disrupt an entire industry and enable one of the world's largest job markets.
Tulip has built a retail mobile software platform that empowers leading retailers such as Mulberry, Chanel, Saks Fifth Avenue, Kate Spade, Coach, and Michael Kors to give mobile devices to their store associates so they can elevate service, sell more and provide a personalized experience.
Tulip is a place you come to make an impact, working with like-minded people to build something meaningful using the best technology. We are growing, and while lean is great, we need more people, energy, innovation and talent.
Right now, we are adding a Senior Project Manager to the team. The Senior Project Manager will be instrumental in the continuing advancement and innovation of what is to be known as the industry standard for store associate mobile enablement, delivering our clients' next-generation retail experience. Our Senior Project Managers build lasting relationships with our customers and support the ongoing development of our project teams.
What you will do:
- Ability to be a customer partner and advocate that is able to empathize with their business challenges and lead Tulip-driven initiatives that directly address those challenges
- Ability to lead critical projects where details and requirements need to be determined through the course of the discovery and planning process
- Excellent communication and presentation skills as well as demonstrated tenacity and persistence, with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Experience leading multiple client-facing projects and priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with SDLC/Agile methodologies and Scrum Master responsibilities will be beneficial
- Manage all aspects of project change management, processes and approvals for application management
- Able to track project budgets, burn down, risk analysis and overall project health
- Ability to balance hands-on management of project tasks & activities with the ability to identify, mitigate risks and drive escalations, de-escalations appropriately
- Successfully delivered software projects involving multiple business, technical stakeholders and a cross-functional team of architects, tech leads, product managers, developers, QA and release management. Projects within the retail tech domain are a plus.
- Resourceful senior project manager and you take pride at being accountable in your role
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Ability to contribute to process improvements and developments
- Ability to mentor junior team members
What you will have:
- 5 or more years of experience in a client-facing project or program role is ideal
- Experience building out project plans, using defect tracking tools (such as JIRA, VSTS), content management tools (such as Confluence), and time tracking tools similar to Harvest
- Experience documenting customer project requirements (change requests) and working with solutions engineers/architects to solution design, document, size and cost out work effort before development actually begins
- Knowledge of merchandising, order management, financials, payment hardware and software, and other retail systems and technologies is a bonus!
- CSM or PMP Certification is preferred
Tulip has perks, career progress, and an intimate culture. We have:
- Embraced remote culture! Work remotely, permanently, and full-time.
- An excellent healthcare plan with no wait time, paid parental leave, and corporate gym rates.
- A culture of openness and idea generation. We have weekly all-hands and quarterly town halls. We pride ourselves on our transparency and keeping it real. From the most senior to the newest team member, we give you access to decision makers and career building work.
The opportunity to grow and apply new skills be it hands-on or leadership. We prioritize diversity, inclusion, and building a community. We're a little weird but in a good way.
- Ability for employees to work a 4½ week.
- A “workcation” benefit that’ll let you work reduced hours in order to extend your vacations
Why we are awesome.
Tulip is hungry and humble. When you join Tulip, you'll be part of a strong, thriving, diverse group of people who come from different disciplines, countries, and experiences. We do what we love and it shows in our unrelenting pursuit of affecting real change. We believe in investing in our people, building positive relationships with our customers, and treating our work like our craft.
Tulip is at the cutting edge of technology. We work with big-name retailers. It's a chance to step up to solving complex technical problems and develop a deeper understanding of the retail world while being part of a niche startup style company. We don't fear failure; we embrace challenges. We're excited about taking the lesser known paths, using the open source tools and keeping up with the pace of evolving tech solutions. It's fun, it's fast, and it's future-focused.
Tulip gives back. Inspired, passionate, and committed people helped make us the successful company we are today. We challenge norms and put people before profits. Our CEO, Ali Asaria, created The Tulip Foundation, a charity controlled by all of us, the employees. We believe we can build a great company that changes the technical space while simultaneously giving back to society and the community.
Feel like you can't tick all the boxes? If you have some of the skills and experience that we're looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply.
Tulip Retail is strongly committed to equal opportunities in employment. We welcome applications from all minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of Tulip Retail.
Tulip Retail welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available by request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.