Senior Product Manager, API
We switched to a 4 day work week in January 2022
Posted 1 month ago
If you’re passionate about APIs and love being in the center of all the action, then this is the role for you! Signifyd’s growing product management team is looking for a Sr. Product Manager to lead our APIs and decisioning platform for our Revenue Protection solutions.
In this role, you will work with our implementations team, data science team, and retailers’ developer teams to understand needs and pain points, and provide a consistently robust and high quality experience. The ideal candidate is adept at understanding true customer needs, converting this to API and platform requirements, working with Engineering, and managing the launch of all API and platform updates to both internal teams and customers.
Job Duties And Responsibilities
- Own the core set of APIs and related processes to manage these APIs and the rollout of updates.
- Own the tools for developers to create and manage API integrations including setup, monitoring, troubleshooting, and high-quality documentation
- Prioritize and maintain a balance between on-going maintenance/bugs, new feature requests and a need to keep server-side integrations simple & flexible and continuously evolving with changes in technology and competitor landscape.
- Own the tools for data scientists to configure and interact with the API and decision platform
- Ability to do a “tear-down” exercise competitor or other best-in-class products to inform areas of improvement or trends that we can learn from.
- Train and develop resources for our internal implementations team and sales engineers to enable their success with customers
- Define metrics & KPIs to demonstrate “success” and “progress” as it relates to overall performance and adoption
- Understand the complexities of the payment integration landscape and identify areas where Signifyd can continue to differentiate as it relates to your product area.
- Provide the right level of support and direction to keep the engineering team working efficiently and aligned with the overall product strategy.
- Participate in regular cadences (stand up’s, retrospective, planning meeting) and be engaged with the team throughout the product life cycle.
- 5+ years of platform or technical product management experience
- 2+ years of experience delivering platform products which have a high-degree of complexity (involving complex data pipelines, integrations, or similar)
Deep developer empathy and the ability to distill customer use cases into a set of flexible APIs and features
- Excellent written and communication skills with the ability to collaborate & communicate with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Ability to provide execution details through product specs and user stories.
- Excellent data and analytical skills including the ability to define and decompose relevant metrics and perform data analysis through BI tools/SQL
- Not a coder but comfortable enough to use and demo the API Product being built. Ability to make API requests (JSON),make API calls with Postman/Curl.
(Colorado and New York City only*) Minimum salary of $150,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salaries are determined by role, level, and location. The salary minimum displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Please note that the compensation listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.
Benefits in our US offices:
- 4-day workweek
- Discretionary Time Off Policy (Unlimited!)
- BetterHelp Online Therapy Membership
- Dedicated learning budget through Learnerbly
- 401K Match
- Stock Options
- Annual Performance Bonus or Commissions
- Paid Parental Leave (12 weeks)
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Company Social Events
- Signifyd Swag