Only considering candidates who are eligible to work in Philippines ⚠️
Are you an experienced Product Designer interested in revolutionizing one of the least digitized industries on the market? Read on!
We are Shape.Construction!
We are digitising the largest and most fundamental industry in the world, the industry that literally builds the foundations of the civilisation we all depend on to spare us from a brutal hunter-gatherer life: CONSTRUCTION
It is one of the least digitised industries in the world but also the largest – 1 in 9 people globally work in the construction industry and it constitutes 11% of global GDP.
Improving construction strengthens the very foundation of human civilisation. ( Watch our short film about it).
We got our start as a high-end construction project management consultancy. As a consultancy, we are focused on genuinely upgrading the way construction projects are delivered. We then take the deep understanding of the projects we work on to develop construction management software products that anyone can use to deliver their projects better.
We are building a full suite of products one module at a time – kind of like office 365 but for construction management. ( Check out Shape, our construction management tech and watch this video about what we are doing)
The core of all this is our true secret sauce; people. We only recruit the very best both in capability and personality. We are deeply focused on designing a new type of organisation that is optimised for the flourishing of the people in the team first and foremost. People that join us develop fast as a whole person in ways they never imagined. ( Read more about our vision and mission).
This approach has allowed us to grow from just 2 people in 2017 to over 160 today (including consultancy) and we are still very much at the beginning! Joining us isn’t just some “job”, it is a transformative educational experience. We challenge you to be your best self in all aspects of life.
4 core values for a good life
We believe a life of human flourishing is all about meaningful relationships with others and challenging yourself to create a positive impact. So our values reflect the 4 levels of relationships that each of us has:
- Grow yourself – Your relationship with yourself
- Care about people – Your relationship with others around you
- Execute to greatness – Your relationship with your team
- Build civilisation – Your relationship with humanity and the world
This goes much deeper but for the sake of brevity, we will keep the summary version!
We enshrined our values in our vision:
We exist so that everyone in our team can thrive in a high-impact community that:
- Connects us with meaningful relationships
- Inspires us to develop ourselves to become better humans
- Empowers us to pursue our own learning adventures
We believe that, by first doing this, we can achieve the highest levels of value for the world.
And enable the achievement of our vision through our dual missions:
- To fully digitise the construction of human civilisation
- To create a new type of organisation that enables human flourishing while delivering a huge positive impact on society
Purpose of the role
We are looking for a Senior Product Designer (UX/UI) with experience in SaaS/IT who will collaborate cross-functionally with engineering, product management, and company leaders to take products and features from concept to launch.
Understanding our users by leveraging qualitative and quantitative data, serving as their advocate when making design decisions, and contributing at the same time to our Design System initiative by pushing visual excellence and promoting best practices and design standards will be part of the challenge.
Our Product Design team is part of a wider team of experienced software engineers and product strategists. Together we will build the digital backbone of a construction organisation.
Your top 3 objectives
- Drive the conceptualization and execution of intuitive, user-friendly designs that elevate our products, ensuring they meet and exceed user needs and expectations.
- Collaborate closely with product managers, engineers, and stakeholders to ideate, prototype, and deliver exceptional design solutions aligned with business objectives and technological feasibility.
- Know, use and expand our design system for consistent, scalable, and efficient product interfaces and experiences.
Your top 5 responsibilities
- Design Strategy: Develop and execute innovative design concepts, wireframes, prototypes, user flows, and mockups to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- User-Centric Approach: Conduct user research, usability testing, and gather feedback to iterate and refine designs, ensuring a seamless user experience.
- Collaborative Engagement: Work closely with cross-functional teams to translate business goals and user needs into exceptional design solutions.
- Design System Management: Collaborate and maintain our design system to ensure consistency and efficiency in product design and development.
- Documentation and Communication: Create detailed design documentation, guidelines, and presentations to effectively communicate design concepts and solutions.
You are a skilled and empathetic product designer with experience in creating user-centric digital products featuring outstanding visual interfaces. Your abilities have the potential to elevate the overall design excellence of our team and organization.
Must-Have (The fundamentals)
- Mastery: Solid level of knowledge on UX/UI principles and patterns, experience in user research and a data-oriented/problem solving mindset.
- Communication: Good communication is much more than saying the right thing. It is about communicating messages clearly and concisely. Ability to choose the best method of communication based on context, audience and urgency.
- Leadership: Can help colleagues achieve goals. Knows how to share his/her knowledge and experience.
- Impact: Over-analysing or over-thinking can be as problematic as not analysing or not thinking. Ability to make decisions and take action.
Nice to Have (If you don’t have it now you will after joining)
- Mastery: Ability to raise the design bar by creating innovative UI, and identifying new opportunities across projects.
- Communication: Presents concerns, doubts or ideas publicly (speaking or writing) and with associated research (internal or external meetups, conferences).
- Leadership: Give us and others constructively critical feedback in order to continuously improve.
- Impact: Ability to drive change, generate knowledge and empower the team.
Shape isn’t the place for you if any of the following is true:
- You want an easy, chilled-out role without much challenge
- You like to be the smartest person in the room
- You don’t like continuously receiving honest candid feedback
- You prefer to do your own thing rather than work with a team
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you tell me more about what the role is like?
We are in scale up mode so it will be a pretty full on role with more things to do than time available. This is why it will be important to prioritise and also develop capacity in the team by hiring and holding the team to the highest standards. We don’t like to mess about so you will need to be a very high performer who only wants to work with others of your ilk.
We are growing rapidly so that means you role will grow rapidly too, you will need to keep up and constantly be looking 1-2 years ahead.
Where would I be working?
All of our roles are 100% remote and home-based. However, if you would like to work in a co-work space to get out of the house we can arrange that. If you are in one of our locations with offices you can come as often as you like.
Salary and Benefits
- Paid Annual Leave 25 days + statutory Bank Holidays
- Flexible hours
- Compensation for this role depends on your capability level and will likely fall in the PHP 1,462,500 to 3,315,000 annual range.
The Life-Changing Stuff
- 4 Day Weeks: That’s right, 4 day weeks
- Grow your whole self: Our leaders are more like coaches and one of our main objectives is to give 5 years’ worth of learning and development for every 1 year with us. You have a coach, mentor, well-being therapist and a development-orientated environment: That’s literally what our vision is all about and the primary reason Shape exists
- Be surrounded by the best: We only hire and retain the very best people. You might be used to being the smartest in the room but that won’t be the case in Shape. You will be surrounded by people you can learn from. We are 100% meritocratic so fast progression is the norm. You will be supported to excel in whichever areas you are most interested in! With Shape, development is unbounded
- Long-term impact: We are focused on solving the biggest issues in construction project delivery in a way that can spread and outlast us
- A generous equity scheme: as a fast-growing consultancy as well as the fact we are building software this has a huge upside, particularly for people that stay with us through our growth
Applying properly!! Important!!!
We get thousands of applications so please write us a letter as part of your application explaining:
- Why do you want to join us?
- What do you think you bring to the team?
We aren't a giant faceless corporation; we really care about the people who want to join our team so all letters will be read thoroughly.
After that, we will reach out to you to schedule a casual conversation to help you to know us a bit better and tell us a bit about yourself.
After that, we will schedule a couple of technical and personal assessments to understand what your level of capability is based on our own development matrix. This is to ensure that when you join you are starting at the right level of responsibility based on your capability not just based on experience.