Hi! We’re The Wanderlust Group an outdoor technology company composed of Dockwa.com, Marinas.com and the forthcoming Campouts. We build marketplaces that connect adventurers to outdoor destinations, and technology that helps those destinations thrive. We believe that the best way we can make the world better is to get people out in it.
At The Wanderlust Group, you’ll be an integral part of a growing team, able to make an immediate impact and work alongside some of the most talented and dynamic people anywhere. We believe that a great culture enables great teams to do incredible things.
As a senior product designer at TWG you will be responsible for developing the overall product user experience for the demand side of our marketplace. You will work closely with engineering to provide a simple and elegant mobile experience and will be a champion for our boaters and campers and their various needs.
As a Product Designer @ TWG, you will:
- Own the overall design of the key product platforms of Dockwa and Marinas.com
- Identify opportunities for improved user experience throughout the product
- Develop design assets ahead of engineering development timelines
- Work closely with engineering and product management to solve complex user experience challenges
- Facilitate on the fly design changes as needed
- Understand all of the key customer segments core motivations, goals, tasks and challenges
- Contribute to product development priority discussions based on customer knowledge
We think the best candidates will:
- Be comfortable with often ambiguous and fast paced start-up environment
- Favor simple over complete solutions
- Have a history of android and/or iOS Mobile design (and a portfolio to show off!)
- Be capable of understanding customer psychology, motivations and needs
- Be willing to test alternatives and comfortable with imperfect solutions
- Have experience building, using and maintaining component libraries
- Enjoy engaging and learning from customers directly whenever possible
- Experience creating or implementing design systems
- Experience designing and shipping cross-platform, end-to-end product features
- Have 6+ years experience of product design experience
- Have a B2C or B2B2C background
The Wanderlust Group is a unique company and culture. A hybrid B2B and B2C business, we connect boaters to marinas and campers to campgrounds. Because we believe in the value of putting screens down and getting outside, we operate on a 4-day workweek and don’t cap vacation time. We take Mondays off, and prioritize focus and productivity Tuesday through Friday. We also care a lot about the marinas and campgrounds we serve. They are often small businesses playing an important role in the local economy around them. That dedication carries through our work. Finally, because we are wanderers at heart, we are a remote-first company. This, and all positions, can be based anywhere in the United States.