This role is remote within Canada.
Reporting to the VP, Product, this role is integral to Coconut Software’s end-to-end user experience and is constantly testing and iterating on Coconut Software’s current offerings while defining, designing, and prototyping new ones. The successful candidate for this role will have a strong understanding of UX methodologies and be comfortable leading effective change and strategic thinking at every stage of the product life cycle.
The Senior Product Designer develops ideas with sketches, prototypes, wireframes, and experience mapping while working collaboratively with cross-functional teams of designers, product managers, developers, and business stakeholders to effectively communicate product and design vision. The Senior Product Designer has a passion for advocating for customers needs and establishes a design trajectory that aligns, while communicating the design vision to senior executives. At its heart, this role is the perfect fit for a motivated problem solver who leverages new technologies while combining design and engineering language to create usable, impactful, and memorable user experience journeys.
This role is ideal for a first in class problem solver who is detail oriented, has the highest standard of quality, and is energized by creating meaningful experiences for Coconut’s customers and that meet usability needs. You will take the lead on a variety of projects including feature functionality, evolving our design standards, working with product marketing on go to market initiatives, leveraging user analytics to address UX issues, and overall customer experience enhancements. If you love to visualize complex data to find the right solution to deliver beautifully designed experiences in a fast-paced, customer obsessed environment then Coconut wants to hear from you!
YOU ARE FIRED UP TO:
- Understand product specifications and user psychology by running discovery workshops on-site with customers to help determine features, requirements, and vision for what they want to build.
- Create personas through user research and data and develop the user story through task analysis, process mapping, and user input.
- Define the right interaction model and evaluate its success.
- Create something that is useful and valuable for users by conceiving user data into simple designs and developing visually appealing and dynamic user interfaces with a strong emphasis on usability and accessibility.
- Create wireframes and task flows based on user needs to convey the design concept and develop mock screens and mock workflows to demonstrate new, user-friendly interface designs.
- Demonstrate an emphasis on usability at the forefront of all design work by using strong visual design skills and the ability to empathize with customers to skillfully solve UX problems while working within an existing visual system.
- Plan and conduct analytical usability testing and combine with internal/external research, customer interviews, and feedback on user interactions to solve interaction design problems and drive future design improvements.
- Ensure products meet the usability and reliability requirements of Coconut’s customers.
- Ensure designs are: learnable, efficient, memorable, error free, and satisfy user requirements.
- Maintain implemented designs and iterate to ensure usability and functionality.
- Identify scenarios where data is needed.
- Ensure products and designs are enjoyable to customers and meet their business needs.
Define & Evolve
- Maintain and grow knowledge of the lastest design and UX practices/principles and apply learning to the creation and development of Coconut’s product.
- Establish, document, and enforce design standards, patterns, and processes to ensure a consistent look and feel throughout the product.
Collaborate & Communicate
- Collaborate with team members to ensure designs meet or exceed accessibility standards and contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the Product team.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders, internal teams, and customers to ensure UX/UI design solutions deliver on business objectives and provide usable solutions to customers.
- Communicate design ideas and prototypes to developers.
- Communicate with internal teams and external stakeholders to understand their Coconut’s customers functionality needs and describe design solutions in easy to understand terms.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
- Bachelor’s degree in UX design, interaction design, or an equivalent combination of education and professional experience.
- 5+ years experience in UX design.
- A portfolio highlighting your impactful design work.
- Analytical mind with strong business acumen.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills; demonstrated team player with the ability to collaborate cross-functionally with teams.
- Working knowledge of current design technology.
- Able to work autonomously in an agile environment as part of a larger team and capable of self-directing and taking initiative.
- Meticulously organized.
What’s in it for you?
- “Cabana Days” - our version of a four day work week!
- Ability to do your job in a supported, flexible environment;
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs weekly;
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact.
A full range of benefits to keep you happy & healthy;
- Competitive Salaries - we pay fairly based on experience and expertise, not your ability to negotiate!
- Health & Dental Benefits featuring Virtual Care
- Annual Wellness Spending Account
- Flexible & Remote Work Opportunities (with a dog friendly office!)
- Employee Stock Option Purchase Plan
- Professional Development & learning opportunities
- Internet Subsidy
- Tiki Bucks Incentive Program
- A People First Company - 4.8 rating on Glassdoor
So, what’s next?
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place in a team you’re proud to work with every day! (even if it’s virtually!) . For a glimpse into our world check out our Instagram here.
Who we are and what we do:
We believe in a world where advisors can create long lasting relationships with their customers and operate more efficiently.
Collaboration. Honesty. Empathy. Elevate. Respect. Sharing.
Coconut Software makes it effortless for customers to connect with their financial institution. Our enterprise appointment scheduling and lobby management solutions are used by leading banks and credit unions across North America, including RBC Royal Bank, Arvest Bank, Vancity and Rogue Credit Union. The result? A seamless customer experience that’s improved NPS scores, reduced wait times and increased conversion rates for the organizations who use it.
Founded in Saskatoon, by 2018 Woman Entrepreneur of the Year, Katherine Regnier, we’ve grown to over 75 employees with offices in Saskatoon, Toronto and a remote team distributed across Canada. After completing the Google Accelerator for Startups and having just closed our Series B funding round (raised $28M CDN led by Klass Capital), we have ambitious growth plans to scale the team and continue to bring exciting new products to market!
Coconut has a company culture that is best in class. With a foundation in and emphasis on people, passion, and performance, we are seen as the disruptor in our space.
Some awards we’re proud of include;
Being named as a 2022 Great Place to Work in Canada and one of the Best Workplaces for Inclusion, Best Workplaces for Youth, Best Workplaces for Women and one of the Best Workplaces for Mental Wellness in 2021.