Only considering candidates who are eligible to work in North America ⚠️
Kickstarter is seeking an experienced Senior Product Designer to join our team.
The salary for this role in the United States is $140,000 - 160,000.
About the Team
Kickstarter’s product design team is an essential partner in growing Kickstarter’s ecosystem. We design seamless, meaningful experiences for our global Creator and Backer communities. You’ll be an integral part of a user-focused product team and own key parts of the product development process: ideation, user research, prototyping, validation, and iteration, driving both core improvements and new initiatives. You will partner with product managers, engineers, Insights, and cross-functional stakeholders to ensure a thoughtful and consistent cross-platform experience.
In this role, listed in order of importance, you will:
- Design user-centric experiences that can scale, be translated worldwide, and meet our business goals.
- Actively partner with our Insights team to conduct and analyze user research.
- Help define interaction and visual design standards for Web and Mobile applications.
- Work with teams across Kickstarter as the company identifies and works toward building a mature ecosystem that serves our community of Creators and Backers.
- Collaborate with partners on cross-functional teams to ensure alignment where appropriate.
- Leverage and contribute to our design system.
- You have solid professional experience designing for the Web and Mobile applications.
- Your portfolio shows a proven track record of designing thoughtful, delightful and usable responsive and/or mobile-first experiences.
- You are an excellent communicator. You have the ability to consistently frame, explain and support your design decisions with peers and stakeholders, as well as deeply understand their feedback.
- You have strengths in information architecture, interaction design and visual design.
- You are comfortable using both formal and informal methods to gather and give feedback.
- You have experience with design programs like Figma, and are comfortable prototyping.
- You empathize with our Creator and Backer communities and recognize how both contribute to Kickstarter’s ecosystem.
- You recognize the challenges of the creative process and bringing projects to life.
What You'll Enjoy
- A fully remote workforce with plenty of opportunities to get to know your colleagues
- 100% employer-paid health plan offerings
- 16 paid vacation days, 10 sick days, and a company-wide winter break between Christmas and New Years
- 25 volunteer hours each year to give back to your community
- 16 weeks of parental leave plus fertility/family planning resources
- A 4-day/32-hour workweek! Kickstarter is currently experimenting with one so that we can all enjoy long weekends
- Incredibly talented and inspiring colleagues who know how to blend their creative endeavors into their work
You can read more about our benefits and working at Kickstarter at our Jobs page: https://jobs.kickstarter.com/
Our Fully Virtual Team
We’re currently able to support employees based in the following US locations: CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, MA, MD, NC, NJ, NY, OR, VA, and WA. We're also able to support employees in the United Kingdom and Canada (Ontario & British Columbia). If you live in—or are willing to move to—any of these locations, we look forward to your application! If there is a required or preferred location for an open role, it will be listed in the job description.
Kickstarter is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to fight for equality, we work to ensure a fair and consistent interview process. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to an inclusive work environment.
Kickstarter is a Public Benefit Corporation, and our mission is to help bring creative projects to life. We measure our success as a company by how well we achieve that mission, not by the size of our profits. In our charter, we spell out our mission, our values, and the commitments we have made to pursue them.