Only considering candidates who are eligible to work in London, UK ⚠️
Senior Producer | London | Full Time
We’re Hutch, a mobile games developer & publisher with studios in central London, Dundee and Canada. Our mission is to build the most diverse and engaged automotive gaming community on mobile. Our games have been played by over 300 million people, with new titles in development.
We believe in putting our people first. Here you can make games without sacrificing quality time with family and friends. We strive to ensure our people are happy and healthy.
Our teams are small and empowered, they have the independence to take on creative and technical challenges together, to work collaboratively, to make great games and have fun along the way.
We believe in; Looking after our people, small empowered teams, complete transparency, test, learn repeat, community at the core and the freedom to focus on what truly makes a difference to our players.
We’re driven by our players! Come and Join the mission!
Hutch is looking for a Senior Producer to join the team in London, working on a new, unannounced title. You would be tasked with helping our team with processes, planning and budgeting. We believe in autonomous teams making their own decisions, so you will help to keep things on track but also ensure the team are happy, fulfilled and productive. We believe in servant leadership so we’re keen for our Senior Producers to make the team's lives easier by supporting them to do their best work.
We follow agile principles, therefore someone with experience with Agile, strong project management techniques and experience working within a F2P games studio would be ideal.
In return, we offer a truly autonomous environment, a chance to be impactful and make your own decisions. We also believe in having a great work-life balance, with no crunch and a studio that looks after its employees.
- Own the agile process. Being responsible for running daily scrums, fortnightly sprints, retrospectives and planning sessions
- Run retrospectives to evaluate and improve the working processes with the team.
- Identify, surface and manage risks
- Work with the team to create a feature roadmap and project schedule, setting workable and realistic deadlines. Own and manage the schedule throughout development
- Have budgeting responsibilities ensuring things stay on plan and on budget
- Liaising with other teams internally and externally such as marketing, outsourcers and localisation teams, to ensure priorities are communicated
- Manage and monitor the team culture and health ensuring people are happy, healthy and harmonious
- Previous experience as a Producer or equivalent in video games, preferably in mobile free-to-play, running as a live service
- An understanding of the mobile F2P business & mobile development.
- A deep understanding of agile and scrum development
- An understanding and appreciation of lean development principles and how to implement them
- Strong emotional intelligence and a genuine interest in caring about your team and ensuring that people come first over project goals
- Great communication skills to communicate in the team and across the studio
- Experience with Jira is preferred, for task and bug tracking, running sprints and managing workflows
- A love of cars, motorsport and things with wheels!
Life at Hutch
Our HQ is in the heart of Shoreditch in central London. We have additional offices in Dundee and Mahone Bay, Nova Scotia. We're an agile, creative team with people at the core of our values. We reward our employees with;
- Hutch is now a 4-Day Work Week company*
- Flexible working hours
- Remote working 2 days per week
- Excellent salary
- Private health care
- Enhanced Maternity (18 weeks) and Paternity leave (6 weeks)
- Access to mental health initiatives such as private mental health coaching
- Support to learn, develop and progress within Hutch
- Free snacks and drinks
- Social events, game launch parties, Thursday night drinks and much more
*This will mean that Hutch employees will work a maximum of 4 days per week (30 hours/week) Mon-Thurs, with zero reductions in pay (compared to a 5 day working week).
We value diversity and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all suitable applicants. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Come and find out more about Hutch. We make racing games, but it’s not the only thing that drives us - https://www.hutch.io/