Only considering candidates who are eligible to work in Durham, UK ⚠️
The bank that’s leading the fintech charge!
We’re not like the rest. We’re true innovators, and we’re redefining what a bank should be. Ours is a bank for today and the future, a mobile-first bank. Forget the stuffy branches, with Atom you can bank whenever, wherever, faster, and simpler.
Could you be the next innovator to join us?
Please note, this role requires 2 days per week in our Durham office.
What’s it all about?
As Senior People Business Partner you’ll be responsible for driving high performance across the organisation in the identification and management of key people metrics and initiatives working with key stakeholders and the team on areas that will ensure Atom is a highly engaged and performing organisation. You’ll lead the Business Partner team ensuring the proactive management of all people activities and initiatives including the resolution of the most complex and sensitive day to day people management issues, use of organisational design & change management principles and the development of effective relationships with key stakeholders to drive performance.
In this role you’ll collaborate closely with all areas of the People Experience team, including Learning & Development on identification & execution of Development plans and Atom’s Talent Management framework, work with our Payroll & Benefits Lead to ensure Atom has a compelling EVP that drives engagement, work with Talent Acquisition & People Data & Compliance Lead whilst being responsible for the key risk and succession process leading the business in the identification, assessment, and development of key talent and all SMCR requirements are met.
What will your ‘typical’ day look like…
- Manage the development and execution of an annual People plan to outline the key initiatives throughout the year to be delivered by the People team in driving performance and engagement
- Be responsible for the execution of the Annual Performance Review process continuously improving the process making it fit for purpose and engaging
- Maintain a deep knowledge of the strategy of the organisation and business plan to ensure all people activities align in the achievement of the organisation goals
- Be responsible for the effective and accurate application of all people legislation within all people activities, limiting any risk to Atom and creating knowledgeable People Experience team members
- Use data and knowledge within the organisation to anticipate challenges and risks before they arise
- Support, develop and coach senior leaders using policies, procedures, and best practice in order that people issues
- Manage and coordinate the Atom’s employee engagement measurement including surveys and ensure continuous improvement
- Own responsibility for the development and execution of the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, and Wellbeing agendas and other strategic initiatives
- Be responsible for the development and management of the People Forum ensuring agendas drive the discussion aligned to the People Experience agenda
What do we need from you?
- CIPD Qualified or similar HR Professional Qualification
- Demonstrable experience within a fast-paced medium size organisation
- Proven experience of providing HR & People related support
- Strong experience leading a team of HR Professionals
- Strong working knowledge of employment law
- Possess a pragmatic & practical approach to employee relations
- Have an understanding of payroll processes
- Be a strong influencer & collaborator with excellent communications skills
- Knowledge and experience of HR administrative systems
- Demonstrable experience of ER
- Be comfortable multi-tasking & delivering at pace
- Be able to visit our Durham office twice a week
What you’ll get from us:
- Flexible hybrid & remote working
- 4-day work week
- Annual Share Option scheme – company performance related
- Incredibly generous company pension scheme (maximum of 13% of Atom input – candidate can put in more)
- ‘All About Me’ fund: £200 per year to spend on personal development
- 22.5 days holiday plus public holidays
- Private Medical Insurance for you and full family
- Health Cash Plan – expenses paid on Optical/Dental/other appointments/treatments
- Life Insurance – 4 times annual salary
- Critical illness cover – 1 x lump sum annual salary
- Cycle to work Scheme.
PLEASE NOTE: You must have the legal right to work in the UK to apply for this role as Atom is unable to support Visa Applications/Sponsorship
Atom is an equal opportunities employer.We value you as an individual and therefore disregard race, religion/belief, gender, sexual orientation, maternity/pregnancy, age, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership and disability in any hiring decisions we make. Atom will always adhere to the Equality Act 2010.
All roles within Atom must adhere to the Conduct Rules as set out by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
As part of Atom bank’s commitment to the FCA’s Consumer Duty, Atom will, take all reasonable steps to avoid causing foreseeable harm to customers, take all reasonable steps to enable customers to pursue their financial objectives and act in good faith.