Purpose of Position
We are looking for a talented, motivated Senior MySQL Database Administrator for our Berlin-based Database Administration team. As a member of this team, you will be responsible for the administration of over a hundred relational MySQL/MariaDB databases within our Linux based infrastructureOn-Premises and in AWS.
- Being responsible for the administration of relational MySQL/MariaDB databases within our Linux based infrastructure On-Premises and in AWS
- Taking care of the installation, maintenance and operation of these databases
- Planning and implementing database updates and upgrades
- Analysing database related incidents and finding long-term solutions and strategies
- Supporting and advising our developers with SQL query analysis and performance optimisations
- Taking on your own projects for further improvement and automation in the company
Skills & Expertise
- Several years’ experience and good knowledge in the field of MySQL Database Administration, especially in Performance Tuning, Backup and Recovery, High Availability Architectures, and SQL optimization
- Hands-on experience and expertise working with On-Premises and AWS Cloud-based relational databases
- Scripting experience in Bash, Python, and experience with configuration tools (Chef, Ansible)
- Hands-on experience with Terraform would be ideal
- Analytical thinking and a structured, goal-oriented way of working
- Fluency in English is required, some additional German skills would be ideal
- With staff wellbeing at the forefront of our minds, we have shifted to a *4-day week* on a trial basis, offering our employees the opportunity to spend time with family and friends, focus on a long-fostered passion, or take up personal studies
- Flexible working hours – no more wasting a vacation day for an administrative appointment
- Excellent work-life balance, remote working options, and a family-first mindset
- Say thank you to colleagues by sending them a voucher through our peer-to-peer programme
- Improve your German or English skills by participating in our in-house language course
- 2 paid days off per year, during working hours to volunteer with a community organization
Established in 2000, Awin is proud of our dynamic, social and inclusive culture.
Like all businesses, we’ve had to adapt and nurture our culture in a virtual environment. Our virtual ‘Life @ Awin’ hub brings our colleagues from across the globe together for various social activities.
Diversity & Inclusion are paramount to us, and we proudly pursue and hire diverse team members. We champion uniqueness and authenticity; this is who we are at our core. Our network of affiliate partnerships are diverse and transparent, as are the employees powering our vision to build the world’s leading open partner ecosystem. We welcome all backgrounds, identities, and experiences. If you need support at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
Apply now to begin the next stage of your career at a progressive company that supports both your professional and personal development.