Senior Director, FinanceBolt
Posted 1 month ago
Bolt is on a mission to democratize commerce. Since our founding, we’ve relentlessly focused on creating a world class buying experience that’s available for all online businesses – not just the giants of retail. Through CheckoutOS and our growing network of tens of millions of shoppers ready for one-click-checkout at the point of inspiration, Bolt is leveling the playing field for retailers and making shopping easy, trusted, and secure for consumers.
The fact that we're revolutionizing ecommerce is only half of the equation – we’re also transforming the way we work. At Bolt, we’re committed to working Consciously, and believe in balancing execution with humanity. Our team is driven by the great technical challenges in our path, and by the thrill of creating a new standard for work. Come join us on the adventure today!
Bolt is the future of online commerce. Our mission is to make commerce instant, consistent, and trusted. We believe that every retailer will need e-commerce to power their business in the future, and to do that effectively they need Bolt.
Bolt is looking for a talented Senior Director of Finance to join Bolt’s rapidly growing Finance organization. The Finance team plays an integral role in managing the long-term growth plans, ensuring the allocation of resources to strategic initiatives, and providing guidance and support to the rest of the organization to accelerate growth and deliver superior financial outcomes.
This person will lead a team of talented individuals and should be comfortable rolling up their sleeves to grow and support the Corporate and Strategic finance functions. This role oversees FP&A, corporate finance, long term and short-term forecasting and planning, board management, along with strategic insights and finance analytics. This person will be a key leader on the team and will be tasked with providing insights to the SVP and other team members on key economic decisions and various growth channels and opportunities. This person will help guide the company in determining how to best deploy capital, scale systems, hire great people, and prepare the company for future outcomes.
This person reports to the Senior Vice President of Finance..
What you will be doing:
- Lead the development of the company’s annual / quarterly financial plan in conjunction with the company’s goals and growth plans.
- Work with business unit leadership teams by leading the long-range financial planning processes, including the multi-year financial forecast. Partner closely with leaders to help create the vision, strategies, and priorities for long-term sustainable growth.
- Drive financial strategy and analysis, and provide strategic financial leadership and support to various teams on issues ranging from partnerships, investment strategies, acquisitions, synergies, capital projects, etc.
- Develop robust management reporting include monthly / quarterly / yearly performance to plan with variance analysis and insights to Finance leadership and cross-functional stakeholders.
- Help drive KPI reporting and data analysis efforts needed to provide insights to business partners and manage the business.
- Partner and work collaboratively as a trusted advisor with leadership on strategic initiatives, including sales, partnership, international expansion, etc.
- Coordinate and prepare quarterly board reports for review and analysis by the Board of Directors.
- Drive strategic business partnership with GTM, Legal, People, and other executive leaders, ensuring that Bolt’s financial planning and operational rigor are world-class.
- Help lead a world-class Finance team by developing and adding new talent to the team globally.
What would set you up for success:
- 10+ years of experience in some combination of investment banking, strategic consulting, corporate finance roles, or similar roles with experience in payments, e-commerce, and/or consumer fintech.
- Experience in high-growth late-stage private, or newly public company environments.
- Experience in senior finance leadership roles partnering with officers and executives, including direct experience interacting with boards and board committees.
- Deep subject matter expertise in corporate finance and FP&A; experience having led the corporate FP&A function for an organization of comparable size, growth profile, and complexity.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills, with a history of embracing novel opportunities/challenges and developing unique and compelling solutions.
- Experience handling multiple demanding projects simultaneously, with proven ability to prioritize and execute autonomously.
- Comprehensive health coverage: Medical, dental and vision
- Remote-first workplace
- 4 day work weeks
- Time away: Flexible PTO, paid holidays + floating holidays and your birthday off
- Equity Early Exercise Program
- Paid parental leave
- Phone, Utilities, and Wellness stipends
- Competitive Pay
- Retirement plans
- Virtual and in-person team & company events
In addition to our core values, Bolt is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. On our mission to democratize commerce, the Bolt platform levels the playing field for everyone. As a company, we are committed to designing products, building a culture, and supporting a team that reflects the diverse population we serve (that is, everyone).
To ensure the health and safety of all Bolters and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.