Only considering candidates who are eligible to work in London, UK ⚠️
Senior Delivery Manager
Work for a company that cares about the humans behind the tech.
At Riverr we are confident advocates for using digital to reshape the human experience for good.
As a key component to the LAB Group, we believe Riverr people should do what they love and love what they do. So we invest in the vigorous innovators, technical intellectuals, and architects of change - those passionate about creating beautiful digital experiences using hardcore technology.
Our award-winning team of creative, technology and strategy specialists enjoy a number of benefits, including:
- 4 day work week
- 28 days of annual leave each year (excluding bank holidays!)
- Remote working for that ultimate work-life-balance
- Private Medical Cover through Aviva
- A day off for your birthday
- A day of to volunteer for a registered charity of your choice
- An annual training budget to invest in your personal development.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Delivery Manager to help lead some of our most critical and complex agency projects. Sitting at the heart of the project team, you will keep the focus and momentum going while enabling a team of skilled people to deliver value. As a Senior Delivery Manager you will manage all factors that govern project success to ensure delivery within time, cost and quality parameters.
You will be responsible for managing the execution of digital projects from conception through delivery, including managing scope and resources, scheduling, budget tracking, the development of project plans and providing status reports.
You will work alongside an enthusiastic, Product, Design and Technical teams who are not afraid to push boundaries and get out of their comfort zones.
As a Senior Delivery Manager at Riverr you will:
- Lead large and complex design/technology/product projects
- Manage and deliver multiple work streams for various types of digital projects within an account to agreed scope, timings, budget and quality.
- Work with internal teams to help define project scopes, resource requirements and cost estimates for projects.
- Be the hub of communication for the project - in regular contact with internal and external team members engaged in delivering the project.
- Encourage and facilitate collaboration through thoughtfully designed ways of working on your project, from project governance, tool selection and setting of meeting cadence.
- Be the source of knowledge of your projects and know timings, key milestones, budgets, resourcing and risks.
- Assess the time and financial impact of changes and communicate to clients as appropriate.
- Push back when scope creep or suggested budgets are not realistic whilst understanding the constraints of the client.
- Strive for constructive outcomes and action-oriented goals in discussions and planning sessions.
- Participate in growth planning and new business scoping with client partners and stakeholders.
- Be responsible for ensuring that relevant clients and account team members are kept up to date on project developments: changes in timings, costs and any issues arising.
- Ensure that internal and client sign-offs are obtained on all key project deliverables, and that you have an audit trail to protect yourself if things do go wrong.
As a Senior Delivery Manager you will bring:
- Senior level experience in digital project or programme management.
- Evidence of the ability to lead complex digital projects through the full project lifecycle.
- Excellent understanding of the development life cycle, with a focus on web and Mobile technologies.
- Experience in using a wide range of project management tools, budget/time tracking tools and issue tracking software such as Confluence and Jira, with the depth of knowledge to recommend the right tools for a project.
- Experience in an agency environment.
- Broad experience in project management models and their application to different projects, including Agile, Waterfall, and Scrum.
- Be familiar with the agile methodology, artefacts and ceremonies.
- Effective stakeholder and client management.
- Feel confident facilitating meetings with a large number of client stakeholders.
- Experience of leading multi-disciplinary and globally distributed project teams.
- Ability to create comprehensive documentation, with an eye for detail.
- A passion for learning and staying up to date with the latest trends and developments in digital, your client's industry and within agile project delivery.
- The ability to build deep and meaningful partnerships with your clients.
- The ability to forge productive relationships with the internal project teams, so that people want to work with and for you.
- Great people management skills, including motivating team members to meet schedule and quality requirements for deliverables, the ability to resolve conflicts within the team, the ability to get team members from different disciplines to come together as a team, and the ability to lead team members to deliver on schedule and within budget constraints in a constructive manner.
Are you interested in being part of our journey? We need your curious and creative mindset and we’re currently looking for a Senior Delivery Manager join our team.
Research has shown that some under-represented groups in the digital industry tend to apply only if they meet every single requirement. Here at LAB Group, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, and this is at the heart of what we value as an organisation. We encourage you to apply even if you do not think you tick all the boxes of the job description. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles!
Our People team are happy to support with any reasonable adjustments that are needed within the recruitment process, so please do flag if you need any additional support. Your information will be kept confidential according to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)