Only considering candidates who are eligible to work in the USA ⚠️
At DNSFilter we have a singular mission: to challenge the way the industry thinks about security via DNS—and we need your help! We’ve come a long way over the past few years. In 2021 we had a successful $30 million Series A funding round, and in 2022 we became the fastest DNS security tool on the planet and joined forces with privacy-focused VPN Guardian! This year we’re continuing our product-fueled growth by adding new features to assist our customers with their DNS-layer security and broadening our solution to meet the needs of the global market.
Our Labs team is looking for a Senior Data Scientist NLP/Classification who thrives on new challenges and who is truly passionate about research, machine learning, and especially leveraging NLP for categorizing text. A highly qualified candidate will also have experience working with very large (60TB) datasets, preferably in AWS. It’s essential to be a highly analytical person who is skilled in all stages of the model-building process, including data collection & cleaning, research, analysis, math, and statistics. We are looking for someone with experience in natural language processing and classification modeling. This is an individual contributor role.
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If you feel like this job is for you, please apply. We believe diversity of experience and skills, including transferable skills, combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence; therefore we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions!
- Under the guidance of the Chief Data Scientist, oversee and own the project lifecycle at all phases by building website classifications models and machine-learning algorithms (i.e., design solutions, collect data, clean data, preprocess data, analyze data, use the data, and finally deploy the model of the data to put into production) to improve DNSFilter product
- Develop a language-agnostic NLP model to classify information
- Clearly present information, research, and analysis using data visualization techniques for both internal and external audiences (webinars, podcasts, presentations)
- On a daily basis, partner with teams across the organization and collaborate cross-functionally to deliver key projects
- Maintain an expert level knowledge of new developments and techniques in machine learning/artificial intelligence/data science
- Participate in industry & professional organizations as a leader in the field
- Master’s degree or PhD in Applied Mathematics, Statistics, computer science, and/or Social Sciences
- 8+ years experience, most recently in Data Science, data research, or a similar type role involving large amounts of data and/or data analysis
- 3-5 years experience working with NLP
- 3-5 years experience with classification modeling
- Proven track record of end-to-end machine learning project implementation from inception to productization
- Written clear, concise, maintainable scripts using Python, Sklearn and PyTorch
- Hands-on AWS experience
- Can work mostly eastern US time zone workday
- Experience working remotely
Bonus Points for:
- Experience working with very large (60TB) datasets
- Language-agnostic NLP model experience
- A recognized leader in the machine learning/artificial intelligence/data science field
- Experience evangelizing your work through various outlets (podcasts, webinar, presentations, blogs, etc)
- A 100% work-from-home position with a company that values and fosters personal and professional growth
- Pathway to promotion to additional organizational positions and responsibilities based upon results and performance - not just time in the chair. You help us grow, we will help you grow.
- Passionate and intelligent colleagues who work hard and have a good time doing it
- Rotating 4-Day work week
- Paid company-wide week off at the end of each year
- Flexible Vacation policy
- Awesome company swag
- Home office buildout allowance
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits for US and Canada based employees
- Full short-term disability and life benefits; available long-term disability
- 401k with vested company matching for qualifying employees
- In-person annual gatherings. Last time we all spent a week on a beach in Cancun!
The hiring range for this role is: $146,000 - $172,000 USD Annually
DNSFilter is a pay for performance organization, which means there is the opportunity to advance your compensation with performance over time. The hiring base pay is dependent upon many factors such as level, function, training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, and/or geographic location. As a fully remote company, our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several U.S. and global geographic markets. We pay differently based on those defined markets. Our Talent Team can share more about the specific salary range for the job location during the hiring process.