Only considering candidates who are eligible to work in the USA ⚠️
Close is a bootstrapped, profitable, 100% remote, ~90 person team of thoughtful individuals who value autonomy and impact. We’re eager to make a product our customers fall in love with over and over again.
We ❤️ startups & SMBs. Since 2013, we’ve been building a CRM that focuses on better communication, without the hassle of manual data entry or complex UI. Our goal: double the productivity of every sales rep.
We’re looking to add an experienced senior content marketer to the team to help the company create, update and optimize our library of 1,500+ high-quality sales-related resources that drive our top of funnel marketing efforts.
We’re seeking a talented and driven content marketer to join the Close marketing team. As a Senior Content Marketer, you’ll play a crucial role in creating world-class sales, marketing, and small business resources to support our marketing efforts.
You’ll report to the Head of Content, Ryan Robinson.
Our ideal candidate is a skilled writer, editor and marketer with a strong attention to detail that knows how to balance education & entertainment. As a senior content marketer on the Close marketing team, you’ll be responsible for crafting engaging content across various formats, including blog posts, white papers, and guest posts. This role will also involve editing and proofreading content from third-party writers, collaborating with contributors, using your relationships to pitch & write guest posts, and formatting content in our CMS.
If you thrive in a collaborative, supportive environment, have a keen eye for detail, and possess a strong understanding of content marketing & SEO best practices, we’d love to hear from you!
- 5+ years of experience with in-house B2B SaaS content marketing, writing, editing, SEO, and web analytics.
- Strong history of writing, editing, and proofreading in a B2B environment.
- You have fun writing actionable (and entertaining) content on sales-related topics in your sleep.
- You approach copywriting tasks with eagerness, excitement, and are very comfortable experimenting with voice, style & tone.
- You have extensive experience using WordPress, Ghost, Webflow, and/or other similar content management systems.
- Background working in a previous role as a salesperson is a plus.
- Create high-quality sales-related resources, including blog posts, white papers, guest posts, landing page copy, and other content formats we’ll explore with a high level of attention to detail (40%)
- Edit and proofread written content from third-party writers, including providing feedback and working with other contributors to produce publish-ready content (25%)
- Format content in our CMS, including sourcing stock images, identifying and executing internal link opportunities, completing meta details, working with designers to produce custom graphics, and internal linking (20%)
- Execute and optimize our SEO strategy to drive new, targeted visits (10%)
- Distribute content on various platforms including Quora, Help a B2B Writer and otherwise (5%)
🌏 Why Close?
- Watch our most recent culture video featuring our annual team retreat in Italy
- 100% remote company
- Choose between working 5 days/wk (standard full-time) or 4 days/wk @ 80% pay
- 5 weeks PTO + Winter Holiday Break with 2 additional PTO days for every year with the company
- 1 month paid sabbatical every 5 years
- Paid parental leave
- Medical, Dental, Vision with HSA option (US residents)
- 401k matching at 6% (US residents)
- Dependent care FSA (US residents)
- Contributor to Stripe's climate initiative
- Our story and team 🚀
💚 Our Values
- Build a house you want to live in -- Examine long-term thinking and action
- No BS -- Practice transparency and honesty, especially when it’s hard
- Invest in each other -- Build successful relationships with your coworkers and customers
- Discipline equals freedom -- Keep your word to yourself and others
- Strive for greatness -- Constantly challenge yourself and others
💻 How We Work Together
- Productivity, Quality & Impact: We don’t track hours. We trust you’re an adult and know best how to prioritize, meet your goals and contribute at a high level.
- Asynchronous communication & collaboration: We have team members all over the world. We don’t expect anyone to work untraditional hours, that means our default is async. Most teams have 2-5 hours of internal meetings weekly.
- Appreciation for Deep Work: *During your normal work day, not after a day of meetings*.
- Autonomy & Freedom: Create a work environment that is sustainable for you. We place a high amount of trust and responsibility with our team members from the start.
Working from 22+ countries, we’re a collection of talented humans rich in diverse backgrounds, lifestyles, and cultures. Close has been 100% remote since 2016, creating an intentional workplace around asynchronous communication and collaboration. Every year we meet up somewhere around the world to spend time with one another. These gatherings are an opportunity to strengthen the relationships within our global community.
We practice a mature approach to the workplace -- manage your time effectively, communicate thoughtfully with your teammates and customers, and produce high quality work. We have impressive tenure amongst the team; we stay at Close because we love working with our colleagues, we appreciate the autonomy and we thrive in an environment that challenges us to do our best work.
Unanimously, our favorite value is “Build a house you want to live in.” We make decisions that are rooted in helping our customers become more successful. We care equally about the health of our business and the wellbeing of our people.
Our application process was designed to promote equitable and unbiased hiring practices. We ask a small series of questions that are similar to what would be asked in the first interview. This helps us learn more about you right from the start so please be sure to answer each question thoughtfully. Each application will receive two screens by two different reviewers. Regardless of fit, you will hear back from us letting you know if we'll be moving forward.
While we are excited by all the opportunities that generative AI has unlocked, we request that you refrain from relying on AI tools when completing an application. We ask these questions because we want to get to know you, your experience, and your communication style. All responses are read closely by multiple humans and any obviously AI generated applications will be disregarded.