Only considering candidates who are eligible to work in the USA ⚠️
At System Six, we're trying to build one of the best places to work in cloud-accounting - a place where our team members are the most important part of our business and where they consistently experience joy, flexibility and rewarding compensation. We are a fast growing, modern, 100% remote organization delivering bookkeeping, payroll, bill-pay, invoicing and sales tax filing services to hundreds of customers nationwide.
We are actively seeking our next Senior Bookkeeper, a joyful and driven team member responsible for day-to-day bookkeeping and finance tasks for our clients.
This position is available for US based individuals seeking between 20-30 hours of work, allowing you to balance other important parts of your life with an exciting, fulfilling career. Our talented team loves System Six and we cant wait to show you how that energy permeates throughout our organization.
So what are we looking for in an ideal candidate?
- Accounting, payroll, and bookkeeping experience in a multi-client environment. College degree required.
- A proficiency in cloud accounting technologies with at least 2 years running payroll, paying bills, and handling all day-to-day transactional duties with clients in multiple industries (2+ years in QBO, Bill.com, Gusto or other payroll software, etc.)
- Ability to manage deadlines across multiple clients with an awareness of what needs to be prioritized
- Excellent communication skills with both clients and team members across digital channels and an innate desire to build relationships
- Humility and openness to coaching and critiques; always seeking to improve
- Keen attention to detail and obsession with making sure there is accuracy, integrity, and dependability in their work
- Joy and a positive attitude in all communications internally and externally
- Persistence and an ability to politely remind others to stay on track
What does the day to day look like for this role?
- Working with more senior staff, youll handle much of the day-to-day operations for our clients (transaction entry, invoicing, bill payments, payroll preparation, journal entries, reconciliations, etc.)
- Your daily tasks will be cleanly organized in Karbon, our practice management system, a critical tool that will set you up for success managing work across multiple clients
- While you wont be responsible for managing client relationships, youll interact with clients from time to time, answering specific questions or politely seeking certain information
- As you work, youll always stop to ask questions of your team when you arent exactly sure what needs to be done - whether inside a clients books or another client system
Importantly, heres whats in it for you:
- A joyful work environment where employees and culture are paramount. We understand that we are all humans and we want your success in your professional life to enhance your personal life
- A 100% remote environment. We've been remote tor 10+ years and are set up for you to succeed remotely while working with flexibility during daytime professional hours
- Strong compensation. We strive to pay at the top of our industry, including a strong hourly base rate ($25 to $28/hour) and quarterly profit sharing
- Competitive benefits. We provide health and dental insurance, 401k matching, PTO, family leave, annual in-person gatherings and many other leading benefits
- Growth opportunities. We are a fast growing company on a multi-decade journey of evolution. We relish promoting from within, and will support you in your efforts to grow with System Six
Excited to apply? Heres how!
Apply online via the link and let us know our favorite color is orange.
Because were so focused on team and culture, we deliberately run a thorough hiring process. If your initial application aligns with what we are looking for, we will ask you to complete a written and video assessment as our next steps. Thank you for investing the time to apply!
System Six does not qualify for the CPA experience requirement involving the substantial use of skills that are relevant to CPA licensing.
System Six is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We encourage all backgrounds to apply, and prohibit discrimination of any kind based on any and all protected classes.
Powered by JazzHR