Feathr provides a modern digital marketing software solution for associations, nonprofits, credit unions, and event organizations. We unify our customer's marketing efforts with our platform including website analytics, targeted digital advertising, influencer marketing, and more. We help these organizations adopt modern digital marketing technologies and best practices to promote their programs, and drive more engagement to their efforts.
Our people are what make the difference. We’re looking for a unique individual who will dive right in, develop deep empathy for our customers, and accelerate Feathr's growth!
Integrations Software Engineer:
Compensation: $145,000 base salary + 10% company bonus
4-day work week, Health, dental, vision, Summr and Wintr breaks, paid vacation + Unlimited sick time.
Feathr’s SaaS platform is a critical component of the value we deliver to our clients. Feathr’s Sr. Integration Engineer will help us grow and maintain the technical components that allow us to meet the advertising, marketing, and web analytics needs of our diverse customer base. This role will own and support our customers’ ability to seamlessly pass person records to and from the Feathr platform by building direct integrations with customer’s CRMs (Customer Relationship Management). You will develop integration infrastructure and improve the operation and maintenance of Feathr’s integration systems.
As our first dedicated Integrations Engineer, you will play an important role in shaping our integrations process and strategy at Feathr and will have a large amount of ownership and autonomy to do your best work in greenfield projects.
You will work under the direction of a Director of Product on backend software development and implementation projects on our Product Team. You will work with internal and external stakeholders to develop requirements and design technical solutions, collaborate with your engineering colleagues to implement those solutions, deploy and monitor your changes in production and address issues as they are identified.
- 5+ years of experience in backend development, AWS development, or DevOps
- 2+ years building distributed software
- Professional experience owning a process that included shipping a complicated piece of software to real users
- Proficient in Kubernetes
Your Technical Skills
- Experience building systems as a micro-service
- Knowledgeable about API creation and best practices
- Planning and executing an integration with an API layer
- Comfortable communicating and translating technical concepts with customers and vendors
- Interest or experience in greenfield programming
- Ability to maintain and scale containerized applications
- Expertise with backend frameworks such as Flask or Django
- Basic understanding of key data structures and algorithms
- Demonstrated focus on developing and maintaining security and compliance of enterprise data concerns
- Experience in writing automated unit tests for your code
- Knowledge of best practices for securing enterprise cloud computing infrastructure through cloud vendor tools (AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, etc.)
- Ability to lead the conversation for a feature, solution, or choice
- Curiosity and enthusiasm for all aspects of web development - this role will require a significant amount of greenfield programming
- Service-oriented, team player who is here to achieve success for Feathr as well as themselves
- Comfortable breaking down technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Pragmatic, customer oriented - you are building solutions to help customers, not for the sake of building software
- Your code solves immediate problems while building a sustainable system that lasts into the future
- Understand how to ingest and transform event streams from a variety of sources
- Design, develop, and maintain integration flows between Feathr and our customer’s CRMs
- Interface directly with our customers in the planning phase and be their primary technical point of contact during integration
- Translate requirements to good technical data designs and maintain technical documentation for all processes
- Offer meaningful perspectives on integration design patterns, concepts, alternatives, and best practices
- Work alongside other Product Team Engineers to design and develop features
- Receive feedback on your code and features and iterate
- Collaborate with members of other departments to ensure technical solutions meet the business interests of the company
- Ensure the integrity, availability and confidentiality of Feathr’s data and operations
Base salary for this position is $145,000 per year dependent on experience and credentials, with the possibility of earning up to an additional 10% of your salary per year based on companywide goals.
In addition, you’ll work 4 days a week (Monday- Thursday), receive health/dental/vision insurance, and other benefits like a professional development budget, office food, and social events, not to mention being a part of a supportive and motivated team.
This opportunity is available to anyone located in Florida or willing to relocate to Florida.
Feathr is headquartered in Gainesville, FL. We prioritize local Gainesville candidates, but we are open to accommodating fully remote candidates in Florida. If you aren’t familiar, Gainesville is a hip mid-sized city with a highly innovative population and an attainable standard of living.
As a part of our commitment to creating a fair, equitable, and positive interview experience for all candidates, we offer full transparency of our interview stages to give applicants an idea of the time and effort involved. Additionally, each interview stage consists of standardized questions and rubrics with a scoring system to ensure a consistent and fair assessment practice of all candidates.
Application Screen - The Talent Acquisition Team reviews and follows up with all applicants. Candidates at this stage are assessed based on the requirements outlined in the job post.
Manager Screen- Candidates will be invited to a 30 minute chat with the Director of Product to review work experience and to answer any questions candidates have about the role, Feathr, our benefits, etc.
Panel Interview - We will ask candidates to share a project that we can review, and we will schedule a 1 hour virtual meeting for candidates to meet with the Hiring Team to answer role-specific questions and review their project.
Final Interview - 45 Hour Interview with the Director of Product to discuss final details of the role and answer any lingering questions.
Offer - The Talent Acquisition Specialist will reach out with the details of the offer to discuss with the candidate. After all the details of the informal offer are finalized, the candidate will receive their formal offer. This is the opportunity for candidates to provide any additional information or context if there are concerns surrounding their background check. Feathr believes candidates that have made it to this point in the interview process are truly talented individuals, and so we are open to dialoguing background screens before turning away candidates that have consistently excelled through the interview process.
If you require accommodations or assistance during the application or interview process due to a disability, please submit a request via this Candidate Reasonable Accommodation Request Form.
Benefits & Perks
We love our Flock and the work they do! But let’s be honest, life isn’t just about work. So we created a perks and benefits package that aims to help our team grow by including their wellness, families, passions, and personal time.
4 day workweek
Full vision and dental, 99% health insurance
Flexible Work Schedule
Unlimited sick time for when you need to take care of your physical or mental health
10 PTO days upon hire, additional PTO days available with tenure
Extended Summr + Wintr Breaks
Wellness Reimbursement Credit
Home Office Stipend
Professional Development Budget
- Team hangouts and events
You can read more about Feathr's decision to move to a 4-day workweek here.
Feathr defines culture as the secret sauce that makes our flock members want to come to work everyday and do their best work. Like every company, we have an acronym that conveys the most important aspects of the culture we strive to have.
Practicality: Am I incrementally improving something or delaying perfection?
- Ambition: Am I staying in my comfort zone as opposed to learning and communicating what is necessary to solve
the real challenges?
Clarity: Is my audience understanding what I’m communicating?
Trust: Am I being sincere and trusting others to do the same?
- Service: Am I expecting more from myself than from others?
This acronym is only as useful as the integrity of the people who reference it and believe in it. Every person at Feathr will face challenges, the most important quality is a commitment to work through those challenges with self-awareness and honesty.
Feathr is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees. So, however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, if you think you’d drive value in this position, please apply.