Only considering candidates who are eligible to work in London, UK ⚠️
Senior Backend Engineer
Work for a company that cares about the humans behind the tech.
At Riverr we are confident advocates for using digital to reshape the human experience for good.
As a key component to the LAB Group, we believe Riverr people should do what they love and love what they do. So we invest in the vigorous innovators, technical intellectuals, and architects of change - those passionate about creating beautiful digital experiences using hardcore technology.
Our award-winning team of creative, technology and strategy specialists enjoy a number of benefits, including flexible working options including a 4-day work week, remote working for that ultimate work-life-balance, Private Healthcare through Vitality, a day off for your birthday and an annual training budget to invest in your personal development.
Are you interested in being part of our journey? We need your curious and creative mindset, and we’re currently looking for a Senior Backend Engineer/Developer to join our team.
You will work alongside an enthusiastic, creative, technical team who are not afraid to push boundaries and get out of their comfort zones.
If you love all things digital, have a passion for technology and are constantly scratching up your skills, then this could be the role for you.
Our Technical stack:
Our Backend Dev MUST have:
- Experienced working with CMS solutions such as Sitecore, Umbraco, or Contentful
- Worked on the whole project lifecycle from conception to release to production, and had assisted in the planning and architecture of a new web application.
- 3 - 5 years of experience working with .NET (.NET Framework or .NET Core).
- Worked with serverless technologies such as Azure Functions.
- Comfortable with testing created code across a range of platforms & devices, both emulated and physical.
- Competent at testing their code, and working with QA teams.
- Able to provide references as an experienced Backend Engineer / Developer or similar role.
- Willing to learn new skills and technologies, be out of their comfort zone and be excited by the art of the possible.
- Keen and able to communicate clearly and articulately with internal team members and external clients.
- Able to prove developing highly performant web applications.
- Able to mentor other developers and enforce code quality standards across a team of developers.
- Able to lead projects when required and take ownership of the quality of output produced by the team.
- Able to work in a fast paced agency environment.
- Provide realistic and achievable timescales against jobs and projects; and ensure they are met.
Technical skills and experience:
Our Backend Dev would ideally:
- Have experience consuming data via API’s from Headless CMS systems such as Contentful or Contentstack.
- Have experience creating API’s in .NET
- Have experience writing technical documentation.
- Have some experience writing test automation scripts.
- Worked in Agile development environment, using a ticketing system such as Jira.
- Have configured release automation pipelines such as GitHub Actions or Azure Devops.
- Worked with Headless / JAMStack architectures.
You have a maker mindset: you are creative and love working with creative people.
You are not afraid to get out of your comfort zone, fail and learn, share what you learn, and always be curious about better ways and new technology!"
You are a problem solver and an innovator. In your pursuit of perfectly polished solutions, you aren’t afraid to speak up about new ideas so that as a team we deliver what is best for our clients and the project.
You jump in with both feet. You’re courageous. You ask questions and communicate what you think.
For you, it’s not about resources, it’s about resourcefulness. You have the initiative, energy and drive to make things happen.
You’re obsessive about all aspects of development, fixated on the smaller details as well as the bigger picture of your work, and are ambitious and driven.
Do you have a curious, growth mindset and are you interested in being part of our team at the top of their game? Apply now!