Only considering candidates who are eligible to work in Durham, UK ⚠️
The bank that’s leading the fintech charge.
We’re not like the rest. We’re true innovators, and we’re redefining what a bank should be. Ours is a bank for today and the future, a mobile-first bank. Forget the stuffy branches, with Atom you can bank whenever, wherever, faster, and simpler.
Based in Durham, we’re committed to bringing world-class career opportunities and developing a strong tech culture in the North East. Our team currently has over 450 brilliant people and is still growing; could you be the next innovator to join us?
What’s it all about?
The Commercial team is made up of Mortgages, Business Lending, Savings and Payments and is supported by the Intermediary team who develop Atom’s product sales capability and manage many relationships with brokers and other third parties, Brand and Experience and PR.
The Product team develops the end of end customer experience through using insight and intelligence to drive the design and development of propositions and products that are delivered digitally. Atom’s approach is highly customer orientated, with an emphasis on transparency, fairness, and value. The team ensure customer insight and feedback informs decisions, alongside wider market dynamics in the core objective of Atom’s products being differentiated and ahead of the market. The team monitor/manage the trading performance of the product range daily which requires, the production of insightful management information, a strong understanding of competitor activity and the value drivers of profitable lending.
The Savings Product Analyst is responsible for supporting delivery of all aspects of the mortgages proposition – product design, pricing, customer journeys and core processes, regulatory and compliance adherence, Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) and risk management.
What will your ‘typical’ day look like…. (Different that’s for sure):
- Assist in managing the product range / product pricing to deliver strategic objectives
- Monitor the external market, including competitor behaviour and performance, to inform the need to amend product pricing
- Understand and develop management information covering external and internal performance metrics so management understand performance and make timely decisions
- Assist with Pricing Committee, ALCo recommendations and reporting requirements
- Support and inform the proposition design and product development for strategic initiatives and the enhancement of products.
- Support the optimisation product level customer journeys and supporting processes
- Collaborate with a variety of stakeholders to achieve the business strategies and plans
- Analyse and help to resolve the root causes of adverse performance across commercial, customer or conduct disciplines
- Proactively support the management/escalation of key risks alongside relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure continued high performance within the wider team in assisting others with their duties when required or providing cover when required.
- Ensure customer insight and feedback informs decisions, alongside wider market dynamics in the core objective to create propositions that are differentiated or ahead of the market.
- Participate in and contribute to working groups and project delivery forums.
What do we need from you?
- Analytical mind and ability to simplify and explain complex concepts
- Strong education record with a solid degree would be desirable.
- Highly numerate and articulate
- Ability to learn and digest large quantities of information quickly
- Ability to manage numerous tasks concurrently and produce high quality work at speed in a changing environment
- Demonstrable customer research / insight experience
What’s in it for you?
- 4 Day Working Week
- Flexible/hybrid working
- Annual Share Option – performance related
- Incredibly generous company pension scheme (maximum of 13% of Atom input – candidate can put in more)
- ‘All About Me’ fund: £200 per year to spend on personal development
- 22.5 days holidays + 8 statutory days (rising by half a day with every 2 years in the company)
- Private Medical Insurance for you and full family
- Health Cash Plan – expenses paid on Optical/Dental/other appointments/treatments
- Life Insurance – 4 times annual salary
- Critical illness cover – 1 x lump sum annual salary
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Continuous development – professional qualifications
PLEASE NOTE: You must have the legal right to work in the UK to apply for this role as Atom Bank are unable to support Visa Applications/Sponsorship
Atom is an equal opportunities employer. We value you as an individual and therefore disregard race, religion/belief, gender, sexual orientation, maternity/pregnancy, age, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership and disability in any hiring decisions we make. Atom will always adhere to the Equality Act 2010.
All roles within Atom must adhere to the Conduct Rules as set out by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
As part of Atom bank’s commitment to the FCA’s Consumer Duty, Atom will, take all reasonable steps to avoid causing foreseeable harm to customers, take all reasonable steps to enable customers to pursue their financial objectives and act in good faith.