Only considering candidates who are eligible to work in Centreville, USA ⚠️
Join Team CARFAX as a Senior Salesforce Developer
Isn't it time you bragged about where you work? At CARFAX, we do, every day. We pride ourselves on being mission-focused on helping to grow a brand built on accuracy and integrity. We care deeply about our products and our customers. We’re more than just a company: We help millions of consumers make more-informed decisions every day. We know that our teammates are our most valuable asset, and we value a balanced life while tackling challenging projects in a fast-paced environment. One last thing: Our four-day week continues in Summer 2024!
As a Senior Salesforce Developer you will report directly to the Salesforce Manager. We are looking for an individual that will be central to continually improving and enhancing the Salesforce platform for our organization. Our mature Salesforce instance serves as the operational hub for sales and support which requires us to continually provide cutting edge technology solutions.
We are looking for someone who can take ownership of programmatic requests while facilitating collaboration. You will work alongside our team of Administrators and Developers to collaborate on Solutions based on stakeholder requirements, validate the proposals, and deliver the solutions.
This role has an expectation of 3 days in the office per week, subject to change based on future business needs.
What you’ll be doing:
- Works with Product Owners, Stakeholders, and UI Designers to gather business requirement to build prototypes.
- Write detailed, technical cards based on those prototypes for the team to work on collaborating with the Product Owners to validate business requirements and any considerations (security, scalability, limits).
- Develop Apex (classes and triggers) to extend Salesforce to support business requirements.
- Custom User Interface development, including Visualforce pages/Lightning pages, Aura Components and Lightning Web Components.
- Collaborating with IT / Developers for other systems to integrate across the business.
- Adhere to Salesforce best practices, maintain code documentation, and write/maintain test classes for all custom development.
- Integrating and maintaining business applications to Salesforce, such as MassMailer, Snaplogic, DocuSign, and Nintex.
- Provide support by troubleshooting production automation issues as needed.
- Evaluate the organizational impacts of future Release Updates.
What we’re looking for:
- Salesforce product knowledge and 5+ years of Salesforce development experience.
- Experience implementing and developing in Apex, LWC, and Visualforce.
- A proactive attitude to Salesforce enhancements and bringing existing code into best practices.
- Ability to write, interpret, and critique technical specifications.
- Experience working with large data sets and bulkification.
- Ability to gather requirements and present solutions to stakeholders.
- Certified Salesforce Platform Developer I.
- Proficient with Microsoft Visual Studio, Salesforce Lightning Design System and the Salesforce development lifecycle.
- Demonstrates continued personal/professional development.
- Experience working with CPQ, Tableau CRM, Einstein Analytics, DocuSign or Nintex.
- Experience working with ETL tools like Snaplogic and Informatica.
- Experience with contact center solutions that integrate with Salesforce.
- Bachelor’s/Postgraduate degree, professional qualification, or relevant experience.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive compensation, benefits and generous time-off policies
- 4-Day summer work weeks and a winter holiday break
- 401(k) / DCPP matching
- Annual bonus program
- Casual, dog-friendly, and innovative office spaces
Don’t just take our word for it:
- 10X Virginia Business Best Places to Work
- 9X Washingtonian Great Places to Work
- 9X Washington Post Top Workplace
- St. Louis Post-Dispatch Best Places to Work
CARFAX, part of S&P Global Mobility, helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, service and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by CARFAX vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, CARFAX provides exclusive services like CARFAX Used Car Listings, CARFAX Car Care, CARFAX History-Based Value and the flagship CARFAX® Vehicle History Report™ to consumers and the automotive industry. CARFAX owns the world’s largest vehicle history database and is nationally recognized as a top workplace by The Washington Post and Glassdoor.com. Shop, Buy, Service, Sell – Show me the CARFAX™. S&P Global Mobility is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI). S&P Global is the world’s foremost provider of credit ratings, benchmarks, analytics and workflow solutions in the global capital, commodity and automotive markets.
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.