Posted 1 month ago
At a glance
- The company: Unito is a software startup that helps work collaboration tools speak to each other. We’re currently 60+ employees and growing fast!
- The role: As a sales representative, you will be responsible for establishing and maintaining good relationships with customers to build trust, act as support for prospects, and ensure they lead to potential sales.
- Ideal seniority level: Junior
- The pay: We have transparent and data-backed salaries. You’ll find the salary range associated with this role in the “More on the salary” section below.
- The benefits: Health insurance / $1,000 per year wellness spending budget for self-improvement / 4 weeks of vacation (3 weeks + holiday season) / Stock options
- The team: You will report to the Head of Sales and work alongside a small team of Sales Representatives and Account Executives.
- The office situation: We're a hybrid company. All employees are based in Montreal where we have our office and can choose to work remotely for part of the week (government covid measures always prevail).
- The hiring process: The last step is a paid pilot project. Your time is valuable, we don’t intend to abuse it.
Not the role for you? Sign up to our career newsletter to get notified when we open more positions.
More on the role
Why we opened this position
We are looking for a Sales Representative to join our team and help us with our crazy growth ambitions. If you are passionate about sales, technology (more specifically software), and want to learn everything there is to know about project management, this position should be a perfect fit!
The main responsibilities
- Triage a large pool of inbound leads and trialing users via chat, emails and call
- Identify and funnel qualified leads to Account Executives and/or assist lower small businesses in self serving
- Advise potential customers on how they can get the most out of Unito and the Project Management tools they want to sync
- Work collaboratively with Marketing & Customer Success teams throughout the customer lifecycle
- Help track, measure, and continuously improve the company’s sales process
- Be part of the feedback loop to improve our product and build features our users need
The experience we need
We don’t believe in adding 10 requirements just to fill a job posting. We keep the list short and only mention what will be necessary for you to perform in this role. If you don’t fit these criterias but decide to apply anyway, make sure you let us know why in the questionnaire you’ll receive later on.
- A first experience in a customer facing role
- An ability to succeed in a results-oriented environment
- You are good at popularizing technical information for a general audience
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills in English on different channels (call, email…)
Other skills that will be valued
These are not requirements but will likely help you ramp up faster and succeed at Unito.
- Experience in a fast growing company
- Experience using HubSpot, Intercom or other CRM Databases
- Experience managing projects with tools like Asana, Trello, JIRA, or Wrike
- Ability to communicate in French (or desire to learn!)
- Experience with some of the tools we integrate
- A first experience with the Unito app (you can try it for free, go check it out!)
More on the salary
We decided to share the salary associated with this job posting publicly because pay transparency is at the core of Unito and has a tremendous impact on workplace equity.
Two things to note before we get to the numbers:
- We have fully transparent and data-backed salaries. Which means pay is an open and fair discussion at Unito. Read more on exactly what that means here.
- If your salary expectations are higher than the range indicated below, it’s probably because you’re more senior than what we initially targeted. We’re always willing to hire someone more senior if they’re the right fit, and we will always pay our staff fairly. So you should still apply if this role and company are what you’re looking for.
- Our ideal seniority level: Junior to Intermediate (level 1 to 2 in our leveling system)
- The corresponding salary range:
- Level 1: Base salary of $42,000 + $21,000 in commissions
- Level 2: Base salary of $52,000 + $26,000 in commissions
- PS: our commissions are uncapped!
More on Unito
Describing everything we are and do in a short paragraph is really tough! So we spent some time designing a great career page that highlights what it’s like to work at Unito. Check it out if you’d like to learn more!
If you’d rather not go down a rabbit hole just yet, here are the main things we believe make Unito different from your run-of-the-mill startup:
- We REALLY care about company culture. Everyone describes the team as a strong community with a real sense of belonging and caring.
- We pay our employees fairly and transparently. All employee and executive salaries are public, along with how we came up with the numbers
- Our product is all about optimizing team collaboration, and that’s something we practice constantly internally.
- We still have an office and don’t intend to give it up because we believe in-person interactions foster creativity and reinforce that sense of community that makes us who we are.
Get paid for a trial run!
Our hiring process is a two-way street. After you go through an initial phone screen and interview, you’ll get a chance to work on a paid pilot project to see if Unito’s a good fit for you. It’s your chance to show us how you work and our chance to show you why Unito is a great place to do it.
- Work with the team: You'll be working on a real project that Unito needs to get done, not a standardized test. You also get to collaborate with your potential team.
- Get paid: We are not going to waste your time. You get paid for the work you put in, even if we don't end up hiring you.
If this still isn’t the role for you but Unito’s starting to sound like your future company, sign up to our career newsletter and get notified when we open more positions.
Unito is committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing its team members with a healthy (equitable, fair, unbiased) work environment. We highly value diversity in all aspects.