Pathrise is an online program for tech professionals that provides 1-on-1 mentorship, training and advice to help you land your next job. On top of that, we're built around aligned incentives. You only pay if you succeed in getting hired and start work at a job first. Apply Today! pathrise.com/lihp
Only considering candidates who are eligible to work in North America ⚠️
What is Pathrise?
Pathrise (YC W18) connects job seekers across North America to world class industry mentorship and career coaching to help them land a new career. The program is free upfront and our customers pay us back when they’re hired.
Built around aligned incentives, we help build equity in the job search process by providing 1-on-1 mentorship, training, and a platform to uplift job seekers and ultimately, help them fulfill their hopes, ambitions, and livelihoods. We’ve already helped more than a thousand fellows land meaningful jobs, and helped them earn over $100M in salary.
In 2022 we raised our Series B and there is even more exciting growth on the horizon. That year we expanded from 6 to 14 industries, launched a tiered pricing system with differentiated product offerings, and much more.
Our Mission 🚀
Our mission is to help people everywhere build their careers by being the world’s best career agency.
We believe the job search system is broken and can be fixed with a business model that acts on behalf of the job seeker, instead of on behalf of employers, recruiters, or schools. If this sounds interesting to you, we look forward to hearing from you!
Read more about our mission in our manifesto.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, Pathrise has had 3x YoY growth with an 98% placement rate and with expanding tracks in various industries. With over 2,000 fellows placed everywhere from Facebook to Google, Microsoft, Amazon, Uber and startups, we are looking to expand our team in our sales track.
As a part time sales mentor, you will be responsible for fellow success by helping them develop their interviewing skills through a variety of online sessions. You will work cross-functionally with our career mentors and sales mentors to provide up-to-date, relevant information to help our fellows not only pass interviews but gain confidence in their abilities!
Note: we hire for part-time industry mentors and specialists on a rolling basis contingent on need, which fluctuates. We encourage you to apply and if your experience is a match, a member of our team will reach out when a spot opens up, which happens often.
- Minimum 10 hours of open availability on your calendar per week
- You are excited at the chance to shape the skills, minds, and trajectories of the newest generation of tech sales people!
- 3-10 years of experience as an account executive or sales leader at a SaaS company
- Experience managing or training junior SDRs and AEs
- Understanding of common CRMs and other tools/processes used in sales
- Experience with teaching, career advising, and mentorship in an educational setting
- Bonus points if you have any sales certifications
- Prior start up experience is preferred
- Provide 1-on-1 mentorship on your own schedule (minimum 5 hour commitment)
- Mentors will need to commit a few hours per week preparing materials, leveraging existing Pathrise curriculum content and responding to fellow’s emails
- Work alongside Pathrise Mentors and learn how to best meet the needs and learning styles of your fellows
- Guide fellows through both technical and behavioral aspects of the job search
- Facilitate a thoughtful and inclusive environment for all fellows to learn and grow in their technical skills to achieve great results and land the job of their dreams!
What’s in it for you?
- Be a mentor to individuals who want to break into or accelerate their career in the sales space
- Build relationships with awesome fellows and really make a difference to their careers and their lives!
- Flexible schedule and remote work (US & Canada preferred)
- Be a part of a really fun and mission driven organization!
- Compensation for Industry mentor roles is paid on a per session basis, with sessions ranging from 30 min ad hocs to 1 hour workshops. Pay ranges from $42 - 55/hr and is contingent upon session type and mentor experience.
Unfortunately, we cannot accept applicants who are currently on an H1B visa, as this is a 1099 role.
Pathrise is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Pathrise does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Pathrise also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Pathrise will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
If you are also interested in the fellowship, please apply here: .