We’re Atom and our mission is to democratise education. We use machine learning and a visually engaging tech platform to bring a fun, high-quality and personalised learning experience into every child’s home.
We’re one of Europe’s fastest growing EdTech startups. Last year we improved the standard of education for over 200,000 students across the UK and Asia. This year, supported by our recent $25m investment from SoftBank, our goal is to reach 560,000 students
We’re remote-first! While our main office is in London, our team is composed of over 150 people (and counting) working from 14 countries.
As a Sales Manager, you will be speaking with potential new customers, understanding their tuition requirements, and finding the perfect tutor for their child. You will work closely with the Head of Private Tutoring and the Chief Revenue Office to rapidly grow Atom’s private tutoring services in a repeatable and scalable way.
- Be a ‘driver’ within a rapidly growing tuition team.
- Talk to parents about their child’s educational requirements and explain how our combined approach of tutor + learning platform can help to plug any gaps in knowledge.
- Familiarise yourself with our pool of tutors so you can ensure the families you speak with are paired with the perfect tutor based on their specific needs.
- Identify the best package or subscription for each new family and work quickly to close the deal so you can hit or exceed your target.
- Ensure potential clients know how to boost progress by leveraging Atom’s best-in-class home learning platform, Atom Nucleus, alongside their tuition.
- Be a team player by sharing your knowledge of what’s working for you with your colleagues to elevate the entire team’s operational efficiency.
- Natural leadership qualities
- Highly ambitious with a strong desire to win business and close deals
- Demonstrated experience and success in a sales role
- Experience with quota and commission compensation structure
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Highly organised and strong time management skills
- Ability to work in fast-paced, changing environment with minimal direction
- Self-driven, motivated and results-oriented
- 28 days holiday + bank holidays
- Fully remote or flexible work at our office in Old Street to use as much or as little as you'd like
- Competitive pay
- Full auto-enrolment workplace pension
- Monthly remote and in person events in London
- High degree of autonomy and exposure to the running of all business areas of a successful startup
- The opportunity to become an integral member of a fast-growing technology company
Our mission is to provide affordable, high-quality education to all children globally, regardless of background. To achieve our goal, we are combining exceptional teacher-made content with cutting-edge technology.
We want to attract and retain brilliant people and then give them maximum freedom and responsibility so that they can innovate and create great products that help people. Think this could be you? We welcome mission-driven candidates who are excited to bring their ambition and conscientiousness to our company.
Whether fully remote, hybrid or local Londoner, working at Atom Learning guarantees you a talented, supportive team. We're a growing team of over 150 - everyone will work hard alongside you and we know how to have fun and celebrate the big wins too! You’ll be given a lot of responsibility early on and trusted to complete your work in the way you think is best. You will solve difficult problems with a huge impact for positive social change, and you’ll learn a lot along the way.
We are ranked one of the UK’s top 100 startups by Startups100 and were recently selected to join Tech Nation's Upscale programme as one of the UK's leading scale ups. We have previously been a finalist in the Lloyds Bank Business Awards, the Education Investor Awards and Amazon Growing Business Awards, and won the Best AI-based Solution for Education in the AI Breakthrough Awards.