Sales Contracts Executive - Renewable Energy
Flexibility is vital to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, 4 days @ 80% salary and compressed hours. Don't let anything stop you from applying.
Only considering candidates who are eligible to work in London, UK ⚠️
Why should I apply?
You will be a key member of the Sales & Commercial group and primarily responsible for deal structuring and supporting the Structuring Manager in day to day activity. You will enjoy having an eye for detail and being organised in this role.
How will I spend my time in this role?
- Structuring deals and assisting Sales in negotiation of non-standard deals - legal negotiations, assessment of deal requirements and providing/ facilitating commercially viable solutions (new business and renewals);
- Drafting contracts amendments for review by Legal team;
- Assist Sales in non-BAU legal customer communications (eg. disputes);
- Approvals management including Deal Delivery - Support non-standard deal delivery, including ownership of associated documentation and approvals, in line with internal policies and mandates;
- Approvals management including Stakeholder Management - Lead the appropriate internal risk approvals, ensuring commercial and operational alignment across departments and groups;
- Bid Management - Provide support in managing strategic and complex bid responses, lead the appropriate internal risk approvals gaining high level exposure to the SmartestEnergy executive level, draft compelling commercial responses to answer key tender requirements;
- Provide annual leave cover for the Redbook process;
- Raise Purchase Orders and Goods Receipts for Sales, Legal, etc.
What skills/experience do I need to be successful?
- Dealing with contracts and execution processes;
- Energy industry experience;
What else do we offer?
- The opportunity to work from anywhere in the world for up to 30 days a year;
- A genuine commitment to smarter working – we recognise your work/life balance matters;
- Paid time off to volunteer in your community;
- Excellent benefits package including private medical insurance/dental cover and 10% non-contributory pension from month three;
What does hybrid working mean to us?
Hybrid working typically means 2 days in the office location listed on this advert and 3 days working at home each week. Some occasional travel to our other offices may be required.
What happens next?
Once we receive your CV it will be reviewed by a human– no bots here!
The average process once we receive your application takes around 2-3 weeks with typically 2 stages of video interviews using Teams – however this can change depending on the role (we may invite you to see us face to face or just need 1 video interview).
If you need any support you can see who to contact in our Recruitment Team on the advert – any questions please just let us know .
Get to know us better....
The future of energy is digitised, decarbonised and localised. At Smartest Energy, we need revolutionary thinkers to help our customers make the most of this new landscape, thinking differently to find smart solutions to complex problems.
Formed in 2001, we’re an agile business driven by entrepreneurial thinking. As a subsidiary of the Marubeni Corporation, we also have strong investment and infrastructure behind us. We have three offices in the UK, one in the US and another in Australia. Further expansion is planned for 2023 and beyond which means global career opportunities for you, with plenty of potential to explore new markets.
When you join our Team, you will have the opportunity to contribute and make an impact every single day.
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to what we do. We value everybody irrespective of background, disability, religion, gender identity, sexuality or ethnicity.
We know that for our business to thrive we need diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the countries in which we operate. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow.