Only considering candidates who are eligible to work in the USA ⚠️
At Marketplace, our mission is to help readers turn their aspirations into reality. We arm people with trusted advice and guidance, so they can make informed decisions they feel confident in and get back to doing the things they care about most.We are an experienced team of industry experts dedicated to helping readers make smart decisions and choose the right products with ease.
Marketplace boasts decades of experience across dozens of geographies and teams, including Content, SEO, Business Intelligence, Finance, HR, Marketing, Production, Technology and Sales. The team brings rich industry knowledge to Marketplace’s global coverage of consumer credit, debt, health, home improvement, banking, investing, credit cards, small business, education, insurance, loans, real estate and travel.
Forbes Marketplace is looking for an editor with small business writing experience to join the Forbes Marketplace SMB team as Reviews Editor for Company Formation products and services, including LLC formation, registered agent services and entity name reservation.
The SMB team covers a wide swath of topics, including how to start a company, the best software for small businesses and everything you need to successfully operate a business. We want to guide our readers to make the best choices through engaging stories and data- and intent-driven journalism. If you're looking for challenges and opportunities similar to those of a startup with the benefits of a seasoned and successful company, then read on:
- Research products and services, focusing on use case, price and other metrics relevant to readers in the market to buy
- Build methodologies to rate and rank related products and services for best-ofs
- Test products and services to develop an expert sense of how they work and who they’re right for
- Photograph or otherwise demonstrate that you’re taking a hands-on approach to determining the value of what you’re reviewing
- Write expert reviews with the goal to master the pros and cons of each product or service you review
- Collaborate with the lead editor to determine priority for which products and services get reviewed next
- Work with the lead editor to determine what existing reviews to update or optimize
- Help the lead editor build a content calendar for all upcoming reviews
- At least 2 years experience in small business journalism, preferably in the applicable product reviews space
- Experience reviewing business formation products and services, including but not limited to LLC formation, registered agent services and business formation legal requirements.
- 3-5 years of experience in online journalism
- Strong communication and task management skills in a remote work environment, with a distributed team that works across time zones
- Demonstrably strong understanding of the small business space
- Experience with SEO best practices, willingness to learn and expand SEO skills
- Extremely organized, meticulous and detail-oriented
- Nimble and open to quick changes in strategy
- Competitive compensation package
- Ability to work remotely
- Unlimited PTO
- Every third Friday of the month off
- Winter break closure; the week between Christmas and New Years
- Home office setup
- Wellness Reimbursement
Forbes Marketplace provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.