Only considering candidates who are eligible to work in Spain ⚠️
Purpose of Position
Our newly defined Retention & Growth Team is responsible for two keys areas;
- Retention of customers to ensure sustainable continuity
- Growth of our portfolio in line with GP and ARR targets
With retention in mind, this team will lead the migration of customers onto MarTech commercials as part of our business transformation.
Alongside this the team will also be the home for revenue optimisation through the methods of; upselling customers to a higher Platform Offer or Service Package, cross-selling additional services or add-ons, expanding into new markets or opening-up additional programmes, or alternatively downgrading customers to a more suitable Platform Offer or Service Package that meets their needs.
The R&G Team Leader role is the most senior role in the team, likely overseeing some of the largest contractual renegotiations and migrations at local market level, whilst also responsible for training and supporting their R&G direct reports in hitting the team’s overall targets.
The role will report directly into their local Regional Commercial Head who will support with direct line management, training, recruitment needs etc, with a dotted line into the Global Migration Manager for wider R&G team alignment on processes and progress reporting.
For the purpose of Retention & Growth this role will heavily interface with many other departments within the business including Client Services, GtM, GBOps, Legal, Info-sec, Finance and our technical teams to name the most common.
Additionally, this role oversees the immediate local R&G team and their development, acting as the escalation point on points of business within the team.
The R&G team are committed to working as a virtual team – exchanging knowledge, aligning processes, and delivering data and insights from their teams. The Team Leader will be pivotal in leading this effort into the virtual team. This team is also likely to support other market R&G teams where needed and therefore not isolated to one single market support.
- Drafting, reviewing and executing agreements (including but not limited to Contracts, Renegotiations/Renewals, Upgrades, Downgrades, Non-Disclosure Agreements, Partner or Third-Party Agreements, etc.).
- Negotiating directly where appropriate with client contacts with a view to reaching a mutually agreeable solution that remains within our MarTech strategy and connected to our GP and ARR targets.
- Set targets for the local team, review and report on progress across all accounts to the virtual R&G Migration Manager, as well as at local level to the local Commercial Head.
- Collaborate and communicate regularly with the other in-market R&G Team Leads.
- Developing, sharing and implementing processes and procedures in line with our MarTech strategy for migration and contract management and creation of a new foundation for the R&G virtual team.
- Accountability for existing business RFPs delivered by your team or collaboration with wider R&G team, deciding ownership and ensuring that stakeholder coordinates the required teams and oversees the delivery of Awin’s response to the customer.
- Line management of the local R&G direct reports.
- Liaising with the group legal department on any non-standard advertiser contract amends as required to minimise Awin exposure and risk.
- Working closely with the Finance team to ensure adherence to broader finance and risk requirements, such as revenue recognitions, pricing and discounting policies, etc., with a clear understanding and ability to evaluate the economic impact of terms and term options.
- Providing guidance on contractual matters internally, including contracting practices and processes.
- Communicating clearly with all parties the relevant information, including status updates and signed contracts.
- Ensuring the team adhere to correct contract administration, records, and documentation including receipt and control of all contract correspondence, changes, status reports, etc.
Skills & Expertise
- Excellent affiliate marketing experience and insight into competitor landscape and local market competitor offering
- Solid understanding of Awin’s MarTech strategy and our customer-facing propositions, including the new Offer environments and Service Packages available
- Commercial mindset and target driven, with experience in objection handling and growth optimisation
- Highly skilled communicator and negotiator.
- Experience in managing relationships with senior level customer /procurement contacts
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills.
- Local market language required.
- Flexi-Week and Work-Life Balance: We prioritise your mental health and wellbeing, offering you a flexible four-day Flexi-Week at full pay and with no reduction to your annual holiday allowance. We also offer a variety of different paid special leaves.
- Flexi-Office: Do you prefer to work from our cool office, from home, or in a completely different environment? With us, the choice is yours. We offer the flexibility to work wherever you want within our Awin locations.
- Welfare: We provide you with a life assurance, travel insurance and a private health insurance that covers several types of health, vision, and dental treatments. Furthermore, you can take advantage of our Cycle to Work Scheme or Season Ticket Loan.
- Health & Well Being: With our support and access to various initiatives and sports offers, you can devote yourself to your mental and physical well-being.
- Development: We’ve built our extensive training suite Awin Academy to cover a wide range of skills that nurture you professionally and personally, with trainings conveniently packaged together to support your overall development. You can also improve your English skills by participating in our local language course.
- Remote Working: You will receive a monthly allowance to cover part of your running costs. In addition, we will support you in setting up your remote workspace appropriately.
- Appreciation: Thank and reward colleagues by sending them a voucher through our peer-to-peer program and show your appreciation for colleagues who have gone the extra mile to support you.
Established in 2000, Awin is proud of our dynamic, social and inclusive culture.
Like all businesses, we’ve had to adapt and nurture our culture in a virtual environment. Our virtual ‘Life @ Awin’ hub brings our colleagues from across the globe together for various social activities.
Diversity & Inclusion are paramount to us, and we proudly pursue and hire diverse team members. We champion uniqueness and authenticity; this is who we are at our core. Our network of affiliate partnerships are diverse and transparent, as are the employees powering our vision to build the world’s leading open partner ecosystem. We welcome all backgrounds, identities, and experiences. If you need support at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
Apply now to begin the next stage of your career at a progressive company that supports both your professional and personal development.