Renewables Trading Analyst
Flexibility is vital to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, 4 days @ 80% salary and compressed hours. Don't let anything stop you from applying.
Posted 1 month ago
What is the purpose of this role?
You will work in support of the Head of Renewable Trading in the valuation, modelling and contracting for standard and non-standard transactions carried out by the Renewable Trading Team and other commercial functions.
You will explore and pursue commercial opportunities in new and existing markets, with the goal of supporting SEL’s overall business plan and strategic objectives. You will also be responsible for completing ad hoc analysis and reporting as determined from time to time by the Head of Renewables Trading and / or VP Trading.
This role also supports the company’s renewable certificate management from inventory management to accurate position reporting.
How will I spend my time in this role?
- Drive the renewables contracting process from approvals through to signature;
- Explore and drive opportunities to achieve stretch initiatives such as participation in European certificate Auctions;
- Monitor Smartest’s contractual obligations remain within the evolving framework with respect to credit, cash flow, FX and risk limits;
- Support accurate receipts, logging and transfers out of renewable certificates inventory & timely entry of renewable certificates positions in ETRM;
- Support reconciliations of renewable certificates inventory from holding accounts to SAP & ETRM in order to maintain accurate, complete and timely renewable certificates records;
- Support Smartest’s pricing and participation in PPA auctions;
- Support internally developed spreadsheets, VBA and tools, utilising Python where possible;
- Address queries and analysis on request from various internal teams, external customers and 3rd parties;
- Development and maintenance of renewable certificates analysis and ad-hoc automation, utilising internally developed databases;
- Maintain detailed and easy to follow process documentation;
- Ad-hoc analysis for the Head of Renewables Trading and any other ad hoc projects from time-to-time;
- Business as usual and ad-hoc project participation and delivery;
- Ensure that price curves maintain current, relevant & consistent with p50 pricing methodology.
What skills/experience do I need to be considered?
- High numerical competency and ability to use excel efficiently;
- Knowledge of an additional European language;
- Knowledge of power, gas and environmental markets; understanding of the key levers of profitability in environmental markets and industry challenges, regulatory change and their impact on commercial opportunities (desirable).
Who are we?
The future of energy is digitised, decarbonised and localised. At Smartest Energy, we need revolutionary thinkers to help our customers make the most of this new landscape, thinking differently to find smart solutions to complex problems.
Formed in 2001, we’re an agile business driven by entrepreneurial thinking. As a subsidiary of the Marubeni Corporation, we also have strong investment and infrastructure behind us. We have three offices in the UK, one in the US and another in Australia. Further expansion is planned for 2022 and beyond which means global career opportunities for you, with plenty of potential to explore new markets.
Flexibility is vital to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, compressed hours, remotely or a mix of remote/office. Please talk to us about what flexibility means to you and don’t let anything stop you from applying.
When you join our Team, you will have the opportunity to contribute and make an impact every single day.
What else do we offer?
- The opportunity to work from anywhere in the world for 30 days per year;
- A genuine commitment to smarter working – we recognise your work/life balance matters;
- Paid time off to volunteer in your community;
- Excellent benefits package including private medical insurance/dental cover and non-contributory pension from month three;
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to what we do. We value everybody irrespective of background, disability, religion, gender identity, sexuality or ethnicity.
We know that for our business to thrive we need diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the countries in which we operate. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow.