What is Pathrise?
Pathrise (YC W18) connects job seekers across North America to world class industry mentorship and career coaching to help them land a new career. The program is free upfront and our customers pay us back when they’re hired.
Built around aligned incentives, we help build equity in the job search process by providing 1-on-1 mentorship, training, and a platform to uplift job seekers and ultimately, help them fulfill their hopes, ambitions, and livelihoods. We’ve already helped more than a thousand fellows land meaningful jobs, and helped them earn over $100M in salary.
Last year, we raised our Series A and there is even more exciting growth on the horizon. In 2022, we have already expanded from 6 to 14 industries, launched a tiered pricing system with differentiated product offerings, and much more.
Our Mission 🚀
Our mission is to help people everywhere build their careers by being the world’s best career agency.
We believe the job search system is broken and can be fixed with a business model that acts on behalf of the job seeker, instead of on behalf of employers, recruiters, or schools. If this sounds interesting to you, we look forward to hearing from you!
Read more about our mission in our manifesto.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, Pathrise has 3x YoY growth with an 96% placement rate and with expanding tracks in various industries. Pathrise is positioned to grow even more in 2022! With over 500 fellows placed everywhere from FB, Google, Microsoft, Amazon, Uber to startups we are looking to expand our industry mentor team in the field of Recruiting, which is part of our PSO track (Product, Strategy and Operations).
As a part time Recruiting mentor, you will be responsible for fellow success by helping them develop their technical interviewing skills through a variety of online sessions. You will work cross-functionally with our career team to provide up-to-date, relevant information to help our fellows not only pass interviews but gain confidence in their abilities!
Note: we hire for part-time industry mentors on a rolling basis contingent on need, which fluctuates. We encourage you to apply and if your experience is a match, a member of our team will reach out when a spot opens up, which happens often.
- 2+ years of senior level Recruiting experience in tech or experience as a Head of Talent/VP of Talent
- 5-10 hours of open availability on your calendar
- You are excited at the chance to shape the skills, minds, and trajectories of the newest generation of recruiting professionals.
- You have a good understanding of the current requirements of recruiters and sourcers in the tech industry
- You work cross-functionally with many different teams and have fluency in most of the following topics: technical recruiting, corporate recruiting, behavioral interviewing, resume writing, talent acquisition, talent management, pipeline management, candidate experience
- Prior start up experience preferred
- Provide 1-on-1 mentorship on your own schedule
- Behavioral interview coaching for fellows in non-recruiting tracks such as marketing, sales, product design, etc
- Perform kick-off sessions with amazing fellows who value your domain expertise
- Provide a consultative approach to understanding our fellows current pain points in their job search
- Mentors will need to commit a few hours per week preparing materials, leveraging existing Pathrise curriculum content and responding to fellow’s emails
- Work alongside Pathrise Mentors and learn how to best meet the needs and learning styles of your fellows
- Guide fellows through both technical and behavioral aspects of the job search, such as reviewing resumes, conducting mock behavioral interviews, assisting on written assignments, prepping fellows for case studies/presentations, and creating skills plans.
- Facilitate a thoughtful and inclusive environment for all fellows to learn and grow in their technical skills to achieve great results and land the job of their dreams!
What's in it for you?
- Be a mentor to individuals who want to break into or accelerate their career in the recruiting space and beyond
- Build relationships with awesome fellows and really make a difference to their careers and their lives!
- Flexible schedule and remote work (US & Canada preferred)
- Be a part of a really fun and mission driven organization!
- Compensation for Industry mentor roles ranges from a minimum of $21 for a 30 min coaching session - up to $55 for a 1 hour workshop. Comp is contingent on session type and mentor experience.
Unfortunately, we cannot accept applicants who are currently on an H1B visa, as this is a 1099 role.
Pathrise is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Pathrise does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Pathrise also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Pathrise will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
If you are also interested in the fellowship, please apply here: .