For more jobs, check out our other openings on the careers page.
Why You'll Love Working at Uplift
- We find the work for you!
- We offer you a team and shared resources to help you take on bigger client projects if you’re turning down opportunities.
- Enjoy a healthy work-life balance, like everyone else at the company.
- Embark on your own self-driven career path with opportunities for positions like tech lead.
- Work on many different projects and cross-pollinate all the lessons and solutions.
- Work remotely: avoid a time and energy drain of a commute. Uplift has been remote-first since inception.
- Get together in person once a year for a company offsite.
- Indulge in the freedom to design your own work schedule, whether that includes a four day work week, evening hours, or whatever suits you and your lifestyle, so long as it's clearly communicated.
- You get access to Paul & Marius, two of the brightest minds in engineering & consulting.
- Uplift has no investors, other than our team, and thus no one who can dictate the future of our company or our products. We have ultimate freedom in the projects that we choose.
As a member of our team we value your opinion. We also respect the skills you bring to our company.
We are constantly on the lookout for people who can join us. If you've got what it takes, we'll find a way to include you.
We're looking for a well rounded QA engineer who can help us find, reproduce and clearly communicate issues with web and mobile apps.
- 4+ hours of overlap with 9am-5pm US Mountain time
- Experience with the browser console to find or log errors (Chrome, Firefox), and browser testing
- Knowledge of Selenium, Cucumber or other testing automation tools, and ability to write automated tests
- Experience with GitHub Actions, CircleCI or Jenkins.
- Ability to put together test plans, test strategy and test cases.
- Can put together a variety of test cases such as functional, regression, integration, performance.
- You love testing web and mobile apps, identifying bugs, and breaking things
- Consistently file detailed tickets with reproducible steps, proficient in English and technical vocabulary
- Experience with testing on mobile (iOS, Android). Either simulator or real device. (Real device preferred.)
- Experience with good UX/UI and identifying when functionality is confusing
- Used JIRA extensively, and are familiar with Trello and GitHub.
- Experience with regression testing, exploratory testing, compatibility/cross platform testing
- Attention to detail in identifying UI discrepancies, misalignments, missing elements, posting screenshots or recordings of issues.
- Self-sufficient (can get stuff done with assigned tasks/tickets, can make decisions)
- Good communicator. Makes deadlines and estimates, raises concerns.
- Passionate, self-driven learner waiting for the opportunity to build something new and cool.
- Cares about business goals and priorities, and focus testing on that
- Great communicator, fluent in English and worked on several US projects
- Freelance experience: delivered projects, managed budget/estimate, worked with non-technical clients (most important)
- Can think critically
- Interest in understanding the business use case behind the software
Note this is a contract opportunity. After 3-6 months we'd consider making an employment offer if we're a good fit for each other.
Please fill out the application form below.
Include work samples, screenshots, or professional achievements that you’re proud of. Where ownership is shared, please mention specifically which part of the work is yours.