This role is 100% remote
t's our time to scale. It's your time to be part of something big.
Tulip's mission is bold. We're a team of experts who have worked with and for retailers over the past 20 years. We are driven to disrupt an entire industry and enable one of the world's largest job markets.
Tulip has built a retail mobile software platform that empowers leading retailers such as Mulberry, Chanel, Saks Fifth Avenue, Kate Spade, Coach, and Michael Kors to give mobile devices to their store associates so they can elevate service, sell more and provide a personalized experience.
Tulip is a place you come to make an impact, working with like-minded people to build something meaningful using the best technology. We are growing, and while lean is great, we need more people, energy, innovation and talent.
Right now, we are adding a QA Automation Engineer who would be responsible to conduct functional and integration testing for our key retail high end luxury clients in terms of reliability, stability and compatibility with external systems. You would be the testing expert defining and applying innovative test strategies and test approaches to improve the overall efficiency and effectiveness of testing.
What you will do:
- Be an active participant in evolving our existing automated testing framework into the next level: making it a state of the art, efficient test engine that is powered with the industry best technology.
- Work hand in hand with the Product QA Analysts to identify and evaluate test automation opportunities.
- Create / update test cases enabling efficient manual or automated execution.
- Build test automation project plans, forecast coverage, evaluate progress and provide reports to the management.
- Abiding by the company’s automation requirements and standards, build API test automation scripts, associated test data, pipelines and result reporting via the Test Management Software; and Instant Messaging.
- Create end-to-end automated test scripts for iOS applications, discover techniques for efficient, parallel test runs and reporting.
- Review automation test failures, troubleshoot scripts and maintain the test automation scripts.
- Analyze automation test results, confirm failures or weed-out false positives, report bugs and work with the product development team to resolve them.
- Develop domain specific knowledge and create excellent technical documentation for future testers to benefit from
What you bring:
- Minimum 2 years of recent test automation experience with modern test automation tools.
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Computer Science.
- Experience with testing APIs with Postman, ReadyAPI, API Fortress or similar.
- Experience with using SQL to interrogate database tables for troubleshooting, and to build test automation.
- Good understanding of mobile applications, their behavior and the risks and challenges associated.
- Understanding of Cloud Based Back End, and the risks associated with testing such software.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- And most importantly: a growth mindset, thirst for knowledge and learning, and the knack to explore ways to break software.
- Familiarity with GitLab, JIRA, Smart Bear, or Sauce Labs test suites
Tulip has perks, career progress, and an intimate culture. We have:
- An excellent healthcare plan with no wait time.
- A culture of openness and idea generation. We have weekly all-hands and quarterly town halls. We pride ourselves on our transparency and keeping it real. From the most senior to the newest team member, we give you access to decision makers and career building work.
- The opportunity to grow and apply new skills be it hands-on or leadership. We prioritize diversity, inclusion, and building a community. We're a little weird but in a good way.
- Embraced remote culture! Work remotely, permanently, and full-time.
- Ability for employees in many roles to choose to work a 4½ or 4-day week.
- A “workcation” benefit that’ll let you work reduced hours in order to extend your vacations
Why we are awesome.
Tulip is hungry and humble. When you join Tulip, you'll be part of a strong, thriving, diverse group of people who come from different disciplines, countries, and experiences. We do what we love and it shows in our unrelenting pursuit of affecting real change. We believe in investing in our people, building positive relationships with our customers, and treating our work like our craft.
Tulip is at the cutting edge of technology. We work with big-name retailers. It's a chance to step up to solving complex technical problems and develop a deeper understanding of the retail world while being part of a niche startup style company. We don't fear failure; we embrace challenges. We're excited about taking the lesser known paths, using the open source tools and keeping up with the pace of evolving tech solutions. It's fun, it's fast, and it's future-focused.
Tulip gives back. Inspired, passionate, and committed people helped make us the successful company we are today. We challenge norms and put people before profits. Our CEO, Ali Asaria, created The Tulip Foundation, a charity controlled by all of us, the employees. We believe we can build a great company that changes the technical space while simultaneously giving back to society and the community.
Feel like you can't tick all the boxes? If you have some of the skills and experience that we're looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply.
Tulip Retail is strongly committed to equal opportunities in employment. We welcome applications from all minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of Tulip Retail.
Tulip Retail welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available by request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.