Only considering candidates who are eligible to work in Centreville, USA ⚠️
Join Team CARFAX as a Public Relations Director
Isn't it time you bragged about where you work? At CARFAX, we do, every day. We pride ourselves on being mission-focused on helping to grow a brand built on accuracy and integrity. We care deeply about our products and our customers. We’re more than just a company: We help millions of consumers make more-informed decisions every day. We know that our teammates are our most valuable asset, and we value a balanced life while tackling challenging projects in a fast-paced environment.
Do you want to serve as the on-air spokesperson for one of the most recognized brands in the automotive industry? Do you enjoy creating positive press coverage for an organization? If so, the Public Relations Director role here at CARFAX might be just for you!
The Public Relations Director will serve as the official on-air spokesperson for CARFAX, a trusted consumer advocate featured on national and local news programs daily. This role will develop and execute public relation strategies that continue to generate positive press coverage for CARFAX products and services that help consumers shop, buy, own, and sell used cars with more confidence. This position will report to the Chief Operating Officer.
This role is based in our Centreville, VA office and has an expectation of 4 days in the office per week, subject to change based on future business needs.
What you’ll be doing:
Consumer Public & Media Relations
- Create and pitch story ideas to reporters to earn successful placement of news stories for CARFAX across national, local and online media outlets.
- Serve as the on-camera spokesperson for media coverage.
- Develop and foster strong relationships with consumer reporters in traditional and online media outlets across the country and become their go-to resource for consumer-protection stories related to automobiles.
- Field inbound media inquiries and manage those to successful public relations coverage.
- Develop messaging and responses for various business issues that might also have public relations implications.
- Craft informative press releases and articles, manage consumer testimonials, and facilitate content distribution among various audiences.
- Monitor and measure the consumer news coverage.
B2B Public & Media Relations
- Develop and maintain a robust trade media contacts list and establish strong relationships with key editors, journalists, influencers, and non-traditional media.
- Craft informative press releases and articles that get positive story placements in B2B print and online publications.
- Establish key CARFAX team members as industry experts and schedule appropriate interviews and speaking engagements.
- Develop and maintain archive of proprietary B2B audio/video content.
- Monitor and measure the CARFAX B2B news coverage.
What we’re looking for:
- Proven on-camera communications skills– ability to communicate effectively on-camera and in front of audiences, especially while under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Strong writing skills – ability to take CARFAX information and create compelling stories that can be delivered across various mediums (in writing, on camera, online, social media, etc.).
- Video production skills –ability to write video scripts and produce high-quality video content for various consumer and B2B communications purposes.
- Ability to move ideas to action –a “get it done” ability to turn project concepts into viable public relations programs.
- Project management/organizational skills –ability to successfully coordinate multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines without sacrificing detail.
- Interpersonal skills –ability to coordinate efforts in a cross-departmental capacity to meet corporate goals.
- Must be able to take initiative –takes ownership of projects, sometimes with little direction, creatively plans and problem solves, and sees through to completion.
- Minimum of eight (8) years work-related experience, including on-camera experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field of study
- Proven knowledge of communication practices and techniques
- Excellent leadership abilities
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive compensation, benefits and generous time-off policies
- 4-Day summer work weeks and a winter holiday break
- 401(k) / DCPP matching
- Annual bonus program
- Casual, dog-friendly, and innovative office spaces
Don’t just take our word for it:
- 10X Virginia Business Best Places to Work
- 9X Washingtonian Great Places to Work
- 9X Washington Post Top Workplace
- St. Louis Post-Dispatch Best Places to Work
CARFAX, part of S&P Global Mobility, helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, service and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by CARFAX vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, CARFAX provides exclusive services like CARFAX Used Car Listings, CARFAX Car Care, CARFAX History-Based Value and the flagship CARFAX® Vehicle History Report™ to consumers and the automotive industry. CARFAX owns the world’s largest vehicle history database and is nationally recognized as a top workplace by The Washington Post and Glassdoor.com. Shop, Buy, Service, Sell – Show me the CARFAX™. S&P Global Mobility is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI). S&P Global is the world’s foremost provider of credit ratings, benchmarks, analytics and workflow solutions in the global capital, commodity and automotive markets.
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.