Flexibility is vital to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, 4 days @ 80% salary and compressed hours. Don't let anything stop you from applying.
Posted 1 month ago
What is the purpose of this role?
As the Project Manager (C&I & Generation IT), you will drive business change, deliver projects that improve operational effectiveness and support growth within Supply Business.
How will I spend my time in this role?
Project Management of complex projects including management of risks and uncertainties;
- Development and control of project budgets;
- Managing the Feasibility of projects and executing the planning and consenting process for commercial approval; clearly defining scope, operational capability, benefits realisation, and overall project justification;
- Preparing and maintaining of all project documentation through the project lifecycle;
- Planning, scheduling, controlling, and reporting project activities to key stakeholders ensuring that comprehensive reporting is prepared and maintained;
- Ownership and management of project risks and issues, ensuring the correct escalation route is followed and mitigation is in place;
- Management of project resources and ensuring resource demand is planned in conjunction with PMO;
- Strong stakeholder management is a must have skill;
- Management of 3rd party vendors who are engaged as part of the Project; Supporting Legal Counsel with 3rd party contract negotiation as necessary;
- Supporting other project managers and Change staff by coaching and mentoring.
What skills/experience do I need to be considered?
- 3+ years of experience within the Energy sector;
- Project Management skills and experience, with the ability to manage complex projects;
- Proven experience in assessing the feasibility of projects and executing the planning and consenting process of commercial operational energy projects;
- Strong technology application development, architecture, and management experience within Energy Sector;
- Experienced in use of analytics and analysis solutions and in establishing accurate tools for benefits realisation;
- Experience in effectively ensuring both Project & Business Stakeholders learn lessons to ensure future prevention;
- Knowledge of developing technology strategy and systems design;
Who are we?
The future of energy is digitised, decarbonised and localised. At Smartest Energy, we need revolutionary thinkers to help our customers make the most of this new landscape, thinking differently to find smart solutions to complex problems.
Formed in 2001, we’re an agile business driven by entrepreneurial thinking. As a subsidiary of the Marubeni Corporation, we also have strong investment and infrastructure behind us. We have three offices in the UK, one in the US and another in Australia. Further expansion is planned for 2022 and beyond which means global career opportunities for you, with plenty of potential to explore new markets.
Flexibility is vital to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, compressed hours, remotely or a mix of remote/office. Please talk to us about what flexibility means to you and don’t let anything stop you from applying.
When you join our Team, you will have the opportunity to contribute and make an impact every single day.
What else do we offer?
- The opportunity to work from anywhere in the world for 30 days per year;
- A genuine commitment to smarter working – we recognise your work/life balance matters;
- Paid time off to volunteer in your community;
- Excellent benefits package including private medical insurance/dental cover and non-contributory pension from month three;
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to what we do. We value everybody irrespective of background, disability, religion, gender identity, sexuality or ethnicity.
We know that for our business to thrive we need diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the countries in which we operate. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow.