Product Marketing Manager
We have a 4 day work week (32hrs) - every Friday is off!
Posted 5 days ago
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Real is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
We Are Real.
Real is a venture-backed mental health care company based in New York City. We’re a team of innovators, clinicians, and technologists on a mission to make caring for our mental health a priority. We're redesigning mental healthcare through a digital platform and in-person experience, integrating empathy, design, and progressive care to build the most elevated end-to-end mental healthcare experience, while also improving the quality of care itself. We’re not simply “normalizing” mental health care, we’re celebrating it.
We’re looking for a Product Marketing Manager who is passionate about mental wellness. The Product Marketing Manager will contribute to the company’s growth by using insights to inform product naming and copy, creating innovative and data-driven product marketing campaigns. The Product Marketing Manager will be responsible for the team’s strategy around member-facing communication, customer retention efforts, product-specific marketing campaigns and messaging for Real.
The Product Marketing Manager will report to the Head of Consumer Partnerships.
The ideal candidate has experience in product marketing, ideally in the tech/app space or wellness space.
The company is based in NYC, though the role is remote
A day in the life:
- Create insights that will be used to guide product development, cultivate collaborative relationships across teams, and assist in crafting go-to-market strategies
- Build relevant, data-driven, and compelling product positioning and messaging to drive adoption and growth for our members
- Champion member-centric products with product teams, and communicate the product and vision to counterparts in the Marketing and Sales organizations
- Excel in crafting product marketing narratives and translating data to impactful insights
- Collaborate closely with Sales, Marketing, Product, Data and Engineering teams to drive marketing success
- 5+ years of experience in product marketing, product, or brand marketing in a B2C organization, with a minimum of 3 years spent in product marketing supporting go-to-market efforts
- Experience developing product positioning and messaging
- Experience supporting product adoption/usage through well-executed marketing and go-to-market activities
- Experience translating customer, market, industry, experience data, and site or app data into actionable insights
- Experience working with and influencing cross functional teams, particularly product and marketing
The base annual salary for this role is between $135,000 - $165,000, depending on skill set and experience level. Our compensation program is geographically-neutral, meaning that we do not adjust our pay ranges based on where you live, so this salary range applies to all candidates.
Passionate about mental wellness
- You’re excited to improve mental healthcare and expand the number of people who have access to it.
- You know the wellness market.
- You care about the well-being of others.
Excited to build something from the ground up
- You thrive in a fast-paced, scrappy start-up environment.
- You’re not afraid to roll up your sleeves to get the job done.
- You’re a self-starter; you don’t need instructions to get work done.
- You pull insights from data, ensuring new ideas come from member experience and utilization
- You seek data and know how to collect more of it when needed
- You are excited to receive feedback and grow
A team player
- You know it takes a village.
We’re committed to your health and happiness (...which are synonymous, you know).
When deciding what benefits should look like at Real, we started by thinking long and hard about what employees need not only to work well, but to live well. Benefits impact how we act, rest, grieve, set boundaries, and take care of ourselves and others — and that means quality benefits are a fundamental part of not just a mentally well company, but a mentally well society. At Real, we want to offer our employees more than just "permission" to occasionally take a vacation or comp a therapy session. We want to give them the support and autonomy they need to feel well and maintain full lives outside of work.
- Competitive salary, plus equity in an early-stage startup. Emphasis on “plus”—we won’t use equity to low-ball you.
Healthcare for Full-Time Employees:
- 100% company-funded health, vision, and dental insurance. That means no monthly premiums coming out of your paycheck.
- FSA plans
- Free One Medical membership
- Free Real membership
- $1800 annual mental wellness stipend you can put toward therapy, psychiatry, fitness and other wellness services
- Short- and long-term disability coverage
- Life insurance
Retirement for Full-Time Employees
- 401(k) — we don’t match yet, but you’ll thank us for the compound interest later.
- Unlimited PTO…that we actually encourage you to take, we promise.
- Four day work weeks Monday-Thursday
- Four-week paid sabbatical after five continuous years of work at Real.
- Three floating holidays in addition to company-wide federal holidays so you can celebrate what’s important to you.
- Real employees receive two weeks of paid time off in the event of losing a loved one. We know grief doesn’t have an end date, and we also know that “unlimited PTO” isn’t enough for most people to actually take ample time away from work. We want to support the process of grieving by naming this, and offering employees the opportunity to grieve without thinking of work.
- Competitive paid parental leave and flexible return to work policy.
- Flexible working environment — if you want to exercise at three PM, go for it.
- Remote-inclusive team — whether you work from Colorado or NYC, you’re 100% part of the team.
- Autonomous work culture. We don’t have to see a green dot on Slack to trust that you’re doing your job.
Growth at Work
- We invest in your career. Our company's growing quickly, and we'll give you the opportunity to do the same. You'll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company's evolving needs and grow your career along the way.
The responsibilities and duties of this position described here are representative of those an employee must perform. This is not a comprehensive list and other duties may be assigned.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity ("EEO") Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Real not to discriminate based on race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignments, benefits, layoff, and termination.
For your safety, we want you to be aware that unauthorized individuals claiming to be Real employees are extending false employment offers to steal money and personal information from job seekers. They are using legitimate websites and social media platforms and may use an unauthorized Real logo and employee name. Do not engage if you believe communication is fraudulent.
Real employees communicate using email addresses that end with @join-real.com.
Real will never request money or credit card information or ask for personal details like address, social security number, bank information, or tax documents early in the interview process.
If you suspect you’ve encountered an instance of recruitment fraud:
- To report a suspicious email or job ad, [email protected] and include as much detail as possible (any documentation will assist us).
- Report the email address as “Phishing” through your email provider. This will help get the email account shut down.
- If you believe you have been a victim of online recruitment fraud, contact the FBI’s Internet Crime Complaint Center at ic3.gov
Real takes this very seriously and we hope by sharing this information we can prevent potential jobseekers from interacting with these scams.