Only considering candidates who are eligible to work in the UK ⚠️
The bank that’s leading the fintech charge.
We’re not like the rest. We’re true innovators, and we’re redefining what a bank should be. Ours is a bank for today and the future, a mobile-first bank. Forget the stuffy branches, with Atom you can bank whenever, wherever, faster, and simpler.
Based in Durham, we’re committed to bringing world-class career opportunities and developing a strong tech culture in the North East. Our team currently has over 450 brilliant people and is still growing; could you be the next innovator to join us?
What’s it all about?
The Commercial department works closely with the rest of the business, particularly Strategy, Customer and Finance to research, design, create and develop a range of propositions for Atom customers. The team is made up of Mortgages, Business Lending, Savings and Partnerships and is supported by the Intermediary team who develop Atom’s product sales capability and manage many relationships with brokers and other third parties.
The Product Manager (Residential Mortgages) is responsible for evaluating what products, functionality and capability Atom should build. They support the design, development and value proposition of Atom products on behalf of the relevant product value stream (mortgages, business lending and savings)
They will be responsible for ideation - evaluating what problem are we solving, sizing the market, co-ordinating consumer research with the customer experience team, competitor analysis, target market and helping define the business model for their value stream. The culture of the business dictates that the approach to product management is highly customer orientated, with an emphasis on transparency, fairness, and value. The role holder will need to ensure customer insight and feedback informs their decisions, alongside wider market dynamics and a core objective to be differentiated digitally versus the rest of the market.
The Product Manager works closely with a variety of stakeholders to achieve the business strategies and plans. They will help define how we should build products in their value stream, prioritising product requirements, managing scope and value trade-offs, forecasting and product planning, change management and user testing and once live they will be responsible for evaluating performance against agreed launch success metrics
What will your ‘typical’ day look like…. (Different that’s for sure):
- Product and functionality ideation
- Product discovery and development
- Change priority and management
- Forecasting and product planning
- Evaluating P&L and go-to-market strategies
- Product definition, development, and enhancements
- Product level customer journey and process mapping
- External market monitoring
- Product regulatory / Compliance / TCF adherence
- T&Cs / mandatory comms
- Customer feedback – root cause analysis and resolution
- Proactive risk management alongside relevant stakeholders
- Product Control Committee reporting and recommendations
What do we need from you?
- Experience in proposition or product management within retail banking FS
- Experience with residential mortgages is highly desirable
- Demonstrable customer research / insight experience
- Up-to-Date regulatory knowledge (FCA Handbook, MCOB, ICOB and CONC)
- Highly numerate and articulate
- Commercially astute and customer oriented.
- Strong influencing and stakeholder management skills
- Up to date external market knowledge / FS market trends
What’s in it for you?
- 4 Day Working Week
- Flexible/hybrid working
- Annual Share Option – performance related
- Incredibly generous company pension scheme (maximum of 13% of Atom input – candidate can put in more)
- ‘All About Me’ fund: £200 per year to spend on personal development
- 22.5 days holiday + 8 statutory days (rising by half a day with every 2 years in the company)
- Private Medical Insurance for you and full family
- Health Cash Plan – expenses paid on Optical/Dental/other appointments/treatments
- Life Insurance – 4 times annual salary
- Critical illness cover – 1 x lump sum annual salary
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Continuous development – professional qualifications
PLEASE NOTE: You must have the legal right to work in the UK to apply for this role as Atom is unable to support Visa Applications/Sponsorship
Atom is an equal opportunities employer. We value you as an individual and therefore disregard race, religion/belief, gender, sexual orientation, maternity/pregnancy, age, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership and disability in any hiring decisions we make. Atom will always adhere to the Equality Act 2010.
All roles within Atom must adhere to the Conduct Rules as set out by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
As part of Atom bank’s commitment to the FCA’s Consumer Duty, Atom will, take all reasonable steps to avoid causing foreseeable harm to customers, take all reasonable steps to enable customers to pursue their financialobjectives and act in good faith.