Hi! We’re The Wanderlust Group an outdoor technology company composed of Dockwa.com, Marinas.com and the forthcoming Campouts. We build marketplaces that connect adventurers to outdoor destinations, and technology that helps those destinations thrive. We believe that the best way we can make the world better is to get people out in it.
At The Wanderlust Group, you’ll be an integral part of a growing team, able to make an immediate impact and work alongside some of the most talented and dynamic people anywhere. We believe that a great culture enables great teams to do incredible things.
The Dockwa Point of Sale team’s mission is to build the first fully integrated marina specific point of sale system. They are responsible for developing all of our point of sale systems transactions beyond reservation billing. They own the software product interfaces across web, iOS and Android as well as the hardware interfaces in the mobile and office environment.
TWG is seeking a multi faceted product leader with experience in Point of Sale system development. The ideal candidate will have experience with both the software and hardware side of point of sale.
As the Product Lead for Point of Sale you will be responsible for identifying and defining the priorities for the team to attack. You will both find opportunities to build “Table Stakes” functionality into the product while innovating on ways to improve the marina specific experience. You will work closely with a team of engineers and designers to deliver a point of sale experience boat marinas love to use. You will excel at finding an iterative and incremental path to building a world class marina point of sale platform that is second to none.
As a Product Manager, Point of Sale @ TWG you will:
- Create and communicate a vision and strategy for our point of sale products and interfaces that enables us to be the POS of choice for all marinas.
- Identify our biggest blockers to adoption and chart a path for solving.
- Drive month over month adoption of our stand alone POS tools.
- Define Dockwa’s point of sale hardware strategy.
- Craft a strategy for future major investments such as inventory management and service support.
- Identify ways to leverage the marketplace dynamic we deliver in bookings on stand alone sales.
- Work directly with our support organization and marinas to identify and remove friction in the product
- Be the leading expert on point of sale tools and marina needs.
- Assist design in transforming problem statements into actionable software concepts.
- Provide support to engineering as they build solutions based on the problems and design concepts.
- Communicate and educate product changes to the company at large to ensure smooth and continuous improvement processes.
- Lead product development priority discussions based on customer knowledge.
- Facilitate research and testing of product concepts, MVPs and prototypes.
- Quantify the impact of product improvements.
We think the best candidates will have:
- 5+ years of PM experience with majority of experience in POS and related tools
- Thrives in an iterative environment that favors small continuous improvement of grand design execution.
- Comfortable with an often ambiguous, fast paced and ever evolving start-up environment.
- Capable of understanding customer psychology, motivations and needs.
- Willing to test alternatives and comfortable with imperfect solutions.
- Enjoys engaging and learning from customers directly whenever possible.
- Seeks to quantify insights with data whenever possible.
- Possesses a strong understanding of marketplace dynamics.
- Past experience with marketplace products
- All experience levels entertained, title commensurate with experience
The Wanderlust Group is a unique company and culture. A hybrid B2B and B2C business, we connect boaters to marinas and campers to campgrounds. Because we believe in the value of putting screens down and getting outside, we operate on a 4-day workweek and don’t cap vacation time. We take Mondays off, and prioritize focus and productivity Tuesday through Friday. We also care a lot about the marinas and campgrounds we serve. They are often small businesses playing an important role in the local economy around them. That dedication carries through our work. Finally, because we are wanderers at heart, we are a remote-first company. This, and all positions, can be based anywhere in the United States.