Only considering candidates who are eligible to work in Oakland, USA ⚠️
thredUP is transforming resale with technology and a mission to inspire a new generation of consumers to think secondhand first. By making it easy to buy and sell secondhand, thredUP has become one of the world's largest online resale platforms for apparel, shoes and accessories. Sellers love thredUP because we make it easy to clean out their closets and unlock value for themselves or for the charity of their choice while doing good for the planet. Buyers love shopping value, premium and luxury brands all in one place, at up to 90% off estimated retail price. Our proprietary operating platform is the foundation for our managed marketplace and consists of distributed processing infrastructure, proprietary software and systems and data science expertise. With thredUP's Resale-as-a-Service, some of the world's leading brands and retailers are leveraging our platform to deliver customizable, scalable resale experiences to their customers. thredUP has processed over 172 million unique secondhand items from 55,000 brands across 100 categories. By extending the life cycle of clothing, thredUP is changing the way consumers shop and ushering in a more sustainable future for the fashion industry.
How You Will Make An Impact
thredUP is looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our team. For anyone who wants to shop or sell second hand, thredUP’s design and research team provides joyful, crafted, and meaningful user experiences that execute on thredUP’s mission. In this role, you'll report to the Senior Manager of Product Design and partner closely with product management, data science, brand marketing, content, research and engineering to develop products within our core marketplace experience.
In This Role You’ll Get To:
- Collaborate with product management partners to refine product strategy & project goals, brainstorm ideas, define customer workflows, prototype interactions, conduct research and launch new products and services
- Oversee and provide design deliverables for product initiatives from insight to strategy to launch across native apps and mobile web
- Conduct user research to understand user needs and pain points. Conduct usability testing and gather feedback to improve designs
- Imagine creative product ideas, not limiting yourself to patterns that have been established in the last decade
- Collaborate with brand, content, and creative partners to ensure that thredUP’s brand permeates every aspect of the product experience
- Partner with engineering to implement meaningful, crafted user experiences
- Work with a passionate team of product designers and UX researchers to continuously improve internal team processes and raise thredUP’s bar for quality and innovation
- Ship highly crafted and joyful experiences that advance thredUP’s mission of inspiring a new generation of consumers to think secondhand first.
What We’re Looking For:
- 5+ years of experience as a digital product designer shipping products on cross functional teams
- You have a strong portfolio of shipped products that showcases your craftsmanship and demonstrates a strong understanding of user-centered, insights-driven design process
- You have a high level of fluency with diagramming, wireframing, and prototyping tools such as Figma
- You have have experience designing across platforms and demonstrate an understanding of technical constraints as they apply to each platform (web, iOS, Android)
- Experience working solo and with user researcher teams on user testing, mixed methods research, and usability evaluation methods
- Communicative: you demonstrate excellent communication and collaboration skills across teams and stakeholders
- Data driven: you know how to collaborate with business and data science stakeholders to develop metrics that quantify the impact of your work
- Self-motivated: you can prioritize and manage workload to meet critical project deadlines both independently and as part of a team
- Self-aware: you have a growth mindset and a low-ego approach to working with others
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in design, psychology, computer science, or a related field
At thredUP, your base pay is one part of your total compensation package. This role pays between $180,000 and $215,000, and your actual base pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience, and location.
Many thredUP employees also have the opportunity to own shares of thredUP stock, thredUP employees are eligible for discretionary restricted stock unit awards, as well as a discount when purchasing thredUP stock if voluntarily participating in thredUP’s Employee Stock Purchase Plan. Subject to eligibility requirements, you’ll also receive other benefits: Comprehensive medical & dental coverage, vision, 401k, life and disability insurance.
What We Offer:
- 4-day work week, with Fridays off
- Hybrid work environment: 3 days in the office and 1 day remote each week
- Competitive salary (we leverage market data)
- Many thredUP employees also have the opportunity to own shares of thredUP stock and are eligible for discretionary restricted stock unit awards
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Flexible PTO (take the time you need) + 13 company holidays
- Paid Sabbatical after 3 years of full time employment
- Generous paid parental leave for new mothers and fathers
- Medical, dental, vision, 401k, life and disability insurance offered
- We live by our Core Values of Transparency, SpeakingUP, Thinking Big, Infinite Learning, Influencing Outcomes & Seeking the Truth
- TIME Magazine’s Most Influential Companies of 2023, WWD’s Most Influential ESG Leaders, TIME Magazine’s Best Inventions 2022, Shoptalk’s ATLIS Awards, Business Insider’s Retail Tech Power Players, Inc.’s Power Partner Awards, Lattice’s People Success Awards, Digiday's WorkLife 50 award
- RaaS - Inc. Magazine, 2022 Power Partner Awards
- Thrift the Look– TIME Magazine, The Best Inventions of 2022
- Winner of Lattice's “People Vision” - recognizing thredUP as a top place to work for our investment in professional development and our innovations in work-life integration
We believe diversity, inclusion and belonging is key for our team
At thredUP, our mission has been built on extending the lives of millions of unique clothing items. Much like our inventory, we are proud to have fostered a workplace that is one-of-a-kind. As a company focused on diversity, inclusion and belonging, we are committed to ensuring our employees are comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work every day. A unique perspective is critical to solving complex problems and inspiring a new generation to think secondhand first. Be you.
If you are a candidate with a disability and have a reasonable accommodation request for the job application process, please email [email protected] the specific details of your disability related accommodation request. This email address is reserved for candidates with disabilities only. General application inquiries will not receive a response.