Only considering candidates who are eligible to work in Canada ⚠️
Reporting to the VP of Product, the Product Design Manager is responsible for leading the Product Design practice at Coconut Software. You’ll own creating a vision and strategy for UX, while getting involved in hands-on aspects of designing our product. As a player-coach, you’ll manage 2 other Product Designers but also be responsible for your own portfolio of work.
This role is ideal for a first in class problem solver who is detail oriented, has the highest standard of quality, and is energized by creating meaningful experiences for Coconut’s customers and that meet usability needs. You will take the lead on a variety of projects including feature functionality, evolving our design standards, working with product marketing on go to market initiatives, leveraging user analytics to address UX issues, and overall customer experience enhancements. If you love to visualize complex data to find the right solution to deliver beautifully designed experiences in a fast-paced, customer obsessed environment then Coconut wants to hear from you!
YOU ARE FIRED UP TO:
- Lead our Product Design practice - You’ll see the direction for how our product works and will be the expert on our users.
- Hire, coach, and develop a team of 2 designers - Provide ongoing coaching to grow them professionally and help them deliver on their goals.
- Drive the exploration and implementation of design solutions through hands-on contributions.
- Closely collaborate with product managers and engineers to build a product that customers love to use and which delivers the results they need.
- Facilitate design reviews and communicate upwards and outwards to ensure open collaboration and visibility of your team’s work
- Work closely with cross-functional leadership to incorporate user and design perspectives into strategy, roadmap and planning
- Drive the development and maintenance of design guidelines and best practices to foster coherent experiences across products
- Ensure frequent research with the customer, both internal and external
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
- 5+ years experience in UX design with 2+ years of people management experience
- A portfolio highlighting your impactful design work
- Analytical mind with strong business acumen
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills; demonstrated team player with the ability to collaborate cross-functionally with teams
- Working knowledge of current design technology
- Able to work autonomously in an agile environment as part of a larger team and capable of self-directing and taking initiative
- Meticulously organized
Our Investment in You:
- “Cabana Days” - our version of a 4 Day Work Week! We work regular business hours Monday to Thursday. Then, we’re encouraged to take Fridays off to rest, recharge, and do the things that make us happy!
- Ability to do your job in a supported, but still flexible environment;
- Supported professional development, learning & career opportunities - be supported in your growth journey!
- Regular 1:1 coaching with your leader and regular connection to a passionate executive team
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact
A full range of benefits to keep you happy & healthy;
- Competitive Salaries - we pay fairly based on experience and expertise, not your ability to negotiate!
- Health & Dental Benefits, Virtual Care & Disability top up
- Mental health online platform and counselling services
- Annual Wellness Benefit ($1000 per year)
- Opportunity to work remote - anywhere in Canada!
- Employee Options - everyone shares in our success!
- Internet Subsidy
- Tiki Bucks Incentive Program - means everyone is entitled to earn bonuses
- A People First Company - 4.6 rating on Glassdoor
- Recently named #4 on the Top 10 Best Workplaces in Canada
Who we are, and what we do:
Mission We believe in a world where advisors can create long lasting relationships with their customers and operate more efficiently.
Values C ollaboration. H onesty. E mpathy. E levate. R espect. S haring.
Coconut Software makes it effortless for customers to connect with their bank or credit union. Our appointment scheduling, queue management, and video banking solutions are used by leading financial institutions across North America, including RBC, Arvest Bank, Vancity, and Rogue Credit Union. Organizations that use Coconut benefit from a seamless customer experience that improves NPS, reduces wait times, and increases conversion rates.
To date we have raised close to 40M and have been doubling revenue year after year. The team at Coconut has ambitious growth plans to continue to scale the business to new heights by owning the North American market and delivering innovative solutions to our customers.
Coconut has a company culture that is best in class. We foster a community that is unconditionally inclusive, and in return ask that our people contribute their differing perspectives, ideas and experiences for one common purpose: to advance the way people live and work in an environment of diversity, equity and inclusion and workplace belonging.
Some recent awards we're proud of include:
Coconut Software is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. We are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner, and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility and meeting accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005.