Producer | Production | London | Permanent
We’re Hutch Games, a mobile games developer & publisher with studios in central London, Dundee and Canada. Our mission is to build the automotive gaming experiences that people want on mobile. Our games have been played by over 300 million people, with new titles in development.
We believe in putting our people first. Here you can make games without sacrificing quality time with family and friends. We strive to ensure our people are happy and healthy.
Our teams are small and empowered, they have the independence to take on creative and technical challenges together, to work collaboratively, to make great games and have fun along the way.
We believe in; Looking after our people, small empowered teams, complete transparency, test, learn repeat, community at the core and the freedom to focus on what truly makes a difference to our players.
We’re driven by our players! Come and Join the mission!
Hutch is looking for a Producer to join the team in London, working on Top Drives - one of our most successful and popular games. As one of two producers on the project you will be responsible for running the processes and scrum ceremonies, working to develop and deliver the roadmap for the live game. We believe in autonomous teams making their own decisions. You will help keep things on track and ensure that the team is effective and productive, but also that team members are happy and fulfilled in their work. We believe in ‘servant leadership’ so we’re keen for our Producers to make the team's lives easier by supporting them to do their best work.
We follow agile principles, therefore someone with experience with Agile, strong project management techniques and experience working within a F2P games studio would be ideal.
In return, we offer a truly autonomous environment, a chance to be impactful and make your own decisions. We also believe in having a great work-life balance, with no crunch and a studio that looks after its employees.
- Own the agile process - running daily scrums, fortnightly sprints and planning sessions.
- Run sprint retrospectives and lead the team in examining, iterating upon and enhancing development processes.
- Work with the team to develop the LiveOps roadmap - and ensure deadlines are realistic and achievable.
- Budgeting responsibilities - help to forecast future spend and keep the budget up to date.
- Work and coordinate with other teams both internally and externally (such as marketing, outsourcers and localisation teams).
- Enhance and protect a positive team culture to ensure people are happy, healthy and harmonious.
- Identify and manage risks to keep development on course.
- Previous production experience (or equivalent) in video games, preferably in mobile free-to-play, running as a live service.
- An understanding of the mobile F2P business & mobile development.
- A good understanding of agile and scrum development.
An understanding and appreciation for lean development principles and how to implement them.
Strong emotional intelligence and a genuine interest in caring about your team and ensuring that people come first over project goals.
- Great communication skills to communicate with the team and across the studio.
- Experience with Jira is preferred, for task and bug tracking, running sprints and managing workflows.
- A love of cars, motorsport and things with wheels!
Life at Hutch
Our HQ is in the heart of Shoreditch, central London with other offices in Dundee and Mahone Bay, Nova Scotia. We're an agile, creative team with people at the core of our values. We reward our employees with
- Enhanced Maternity (18 weeks) and Paternity leave (6 weeks)
- Flexible working hours
- Remote working 3 days per week (Everyone is working remotely until it is safe to go back into the office)
- Excellent salaries
- Private health care
- Access to mental health initiatives such as private mental health coaching
- Weekly Yoga Sessions
- Support to learn, develop and progress within Hutch
- Personal Project Development Days
- Free snacks and drinks
- Lots of social events, game launch parties, Friday night drinks and much more
We value diversity and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all suitable applicants. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Come and find out more about Hutch. We make racing games, but it’s not the only thing that drives us - https://www.hutch.io/