Only considering candidates who are eligible to work in Barcelona, Spain ⚠️
PAC-MAN to Tekken, Tamagotchi to Dark Souls, we are a games company steeped in history and BANDAI NAMCO Mobile is the exciting new pillar of the BANDAI NAMCO Group’s mobile strategy, to grow from the #5 global mobile publisher to #1!
We offer a truly flat structure, full role autonomy and the creative freedom of a start- up, whilst still having the legacy, resources and stability of BANDAI NAMCO, a global gaming powerhouse. Our goal in Barcelona is to enrich BANDAI NAMCO's list of successful IPs by creating original and innovative mobile games.
Everybody in our development team is first and foremost, a Game Maker and you will be no different. You will be working in small teams to rapidly design, prototype, and iterate game ideas from yourself and the team, so although a master of your discipline, you will still have a huge voice when it comes to conceiving and designing Games at Bandai Namco Mobile.
Principal VFX Artist
We are looking for an experienced Games VFX Artist to join us at Bandai Namco Mobile.
As the leading voice for VFX in the studio, you will be responsible for defining the VFX strategy and direction for our new games, with collaboration and support from our experienced artists.
In this position, you’ll be hands-on, responsible for not only shaping the vision but also executing it, creating polished VFX within Unity, seamlessly integrating them into the gameplay, breathing life into our titles.
Given our small, close-knit teams, versatility is highly valued. You will be able to work as a T-shaped artist who can support other areas of the Art Pipeline, as well as VFX. Alongside your colleagues, you'll have the creative freedom to determine how you can make the most significant impact.
- Hands-on Unity experience, creating and integrating VFX
- Experience working on Mobile
- Experience editing native Unity assets (animation, animator graphs, timelines, etc.)
- An aesthetic sensibility and well-rounded artistic skills, with a keen eye for composition and timing
- Portfolio with stylized and cartoon VFX, both for 3D and 2D/UI
- Understanding of how to take full advantage of shaders and experience with Shader Graph
- Secondary skill, e.g. UI, animation, concept art
- Ability to paint stylized FX textures
- Knowledge of Unity plugins for tweening, effects, feedback