Only considering candidates who are eligible to work in the USA ⚠️
IMPORTANT: Please be aware that scammers may tr y to impersonate Digible by reaching out regarding job opportunities. All correspondence will come from the digible.com email domain, and w e will never ask you for bank account information, checks, or other sensitive information as part of our hiring process . If you are unsure, please email [email protected] with questions.
Privately owned and operated, Digible was founded in 2017 with a mission to bring sophisticated digital marketing solutions to the multifamily industry. We offer a comprehensive suite of digital services as well as a predictive analytics platform, Fiona, that is the first of its kind.
At Digible, Inc. we love to celebrate our diverse group of hardworking employees – and it shows. We pride ourselves on our collaborative, transparent, and authentic culture. These values are pervasive throughout every step of a Digible employee's journey. Starting with our interviews and continuing through our weekly All Hands Transparency Round-up, values are at the heart of working at Digible.
We value diversity and believe forming teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and different industries to apply. Come join us and find out what the best work of your career could look like here at Digible.
Digible, Inc. is looking for a Principal Software Engineer to join our team!
The Principal Software Engineer reports to the CTO and is a peer to management leadership. This role involves partnering with engineers and leadership to influence and drive technical strategy across the organization, including Data and Engineering domains. This role is of the “Architect” archetype (following Will Larson’s “Staff Engineer Archetypes” model) helping our team move from having built successful early products to creating a durable product platform that accelerates our momentum into the future.
You will zoom out when developing technical strategies, mentoring engineering leads across the team, and leading efforts to establish standards and technology selection. You will periodically zoom in and contribute to specific deliverables within a given project or team to ensure success and stay connected to the day-to-day work.
As a team, we come from many different backgrounds, countries, and fields of education. We strongly believe this diversity and agility has helped us build an inclusive and empathetic environment, and we are looking forward to adding your perspective!
You’ll love this job if you:
- Are a curious person with a customer-first mentality
- Know the value of a well-articulated and well-communicated technical plan
- Invest in and sponsor your colleagues to see them grow and succeed
- Have seen many ways teams and products fail and are excited to help us avoid common mistakes
- Enjoy bringing Data and Engineering closer together
- Are excited to work with passionate and invested colleagues
What you’ll do:
- Drive broad technical strategy and influence engineering roadmaps
- Collaboratively establish a consistent approach to building applications and services
- Deliver strategically important elements of our roadmap
- Standardize and centralize our infrastructure footprint
- Imbue a Product Mindset within the team
- Increase team velocity and ability to ship high-quality features quickly
- Facilitate outcomes-oriented thinking, planning, and communicating
- Improve partnerships and relationships with stakeholders
You should have:
- 8-10+ years of engineering experience with at least 3 years in roles leading other engineers (e.g., team lead, lead engineer, technical lead)
- Experience working in both small (50-150) and medium to large (500+) companies
- Background in product development, with experience in both platform and product development being a plus
Digible Core Values:
- Authenticity - The commitment to be steadfast and genuine with our actions and communication toward everyone we touch.
- Curiosity - The belief that a deep and fundamental curiosity (the "why") in our work is vital to company innovation and evolution.
- Focus - The collective will to remain completely devoted and ultimately accountable to our deliverables.
- Humility - The recognition and daily practice that "we" is always greater than "I".
- Happiness - The decision to prioritize passion and love for what we do above everything else.
Pay, perks, and such:
- Salary Range: $165,000 - $240,000
- 4-Day Work Week (32-hour work week)
- WFA (Work From Anywhere)
- Profit Sharing Bonus
- 3 weeks of PTO as well as Sick leave, and Bereavement
- 11 paid holidays (New Years Eve, New Years Day, MLK day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Day before Thanksgiving, Thanksgiving, Day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and Christmas)
- 401(k) + Match
- 75% employer paid health benefits, including Medical, Dental, and Vision
- We provide $75/ month reimbursement for Physical Wellness
- We provide $75/ month reimbursement for Mental Wellness
- $1000/year travel fund for employees who have been with Digible 3+ years
- Monthly subscription for Financial Wellness Coaching
- Dog-Friendly Office
- Paid Parental Leave
- Company Sponsored Social Events
- Company provided Lunches and Snacks for in-office employees
- Employee Development Program
- Access to learning tools such as PluralSight, Coursera, etc
- Training Budget
- IP & Patent Program