Principal Software Engineer
We've switched to a 4 day work week - every Friday is off
Posted 2 weeks ago
Bolt is on a mission to democratize commerce. Since our founding, we’ve relentlessly focused on creating a world class buying experience that’s available for all online businesses – not just the giants of retail. Through CheckoutOS and our growing network of tens of millions of shoppers ready for one-click-checkout at the point of inspiration, Bolt is leveling the playing field for retailers and making shopping easy, trusted, and secure for consumers.
The fact that we're revolutionizing ecommerce is only half of the equation – we’re also transforming the way we work. At Bolt, we’re committed to working Consciously, and believe in balancing execution with humanity. Our team is driven by the great technical challenges in our path, and by the thrill of creating a new standard for work. Come join us on the adventure today!
- Be a hands-on technical leader for the team.
- Work with a passionate, smart and ambitious team of engineers who built large scale systems at Uber, AirBnB, Facebook and Google ( https://www.bolt.com/team).
- Take ownership of your own projects while pairing with mentors.
- Design and build mission critical systems, products and solutions across multiple teams that companies and consumers alike will rely heavily on.
- Contribute cross stack and learn wide variety of skills and technologies.
- Work with production systems and on-call process.
- Learn from and help shape our company's engineering culture.
Technologies we use:
- Docker / Kubernetes
- Amazon Web Services
- Typescript / React
- Major Ecommerce platforms
- 10+ years of professional development experience
- Are curious and passionate about technology
- Believe in our values
- Relevant industry experience (internships/Co-op if new grad)
- Are excited about jumping into any area of technology
- Have strong communication skills
Check out our Engineering Blog!
- Comprehensive health coverage: Medical, dental and vision
- Remote-first workplace
- 4 day work weeks
- Time away: Flexible PTO, paid holidays + floating holidays, your birthday off!
- Paid parental leave
- Competitive Pay
- Retirement plans
- Virtual and in-person team & company events
In addition to our core values, Bolt is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity and expression, genetic information, pregnancy and related conditions, veteran status or any other reason prohibited by law. On our mission to democratize commerce, the Bolt platform levels the playing field for everyone. As a company, we are committed to designing products, building a culture, and supporting a team that reflects the diverse population we serve (that is, everyone).