Principal / Senior Front End Engineer
We work 4.5 day weeks - every Friday afternoon is off!
Posted 1 month ago
At Auror, we’re empowering the retail industry to reduce theft and Organized Retail Crime, a $150 billion problem globally. It’s high volume crime that’s increasingly organized in nature and is putting people, retailers, and communities at risk every day.
Founded in New Zealand, we’re working with some of the best and largest retailers in the world across Australasia, North America, and the UK.
Auror connects people with intelligence to reduce crime. As a company, we’ve built a high-performing, positive culture with a focus on providing an inclusive environment for a diverse team. If you’re excited about reducing crime and building safer communities, for everyone, then we want you on our team.
About Auror Engineering
Collaboration is at the heart of the Engineering team at Auror. We believe that we can only build the very best software through working with each other, seeking different perspectives to solve problems. As part of our team, you will:
- Work closely with Product Management and Design to scope out the best solution
- Prioritise helping each other and giving great feedback on PR reviews
- Take responsibility for testing your own code, consulting with our QA team
We’re a team who:
- Ship code to production at least 15 times a day (with a defect rate under 0.2%), prioritising short feedback cycles over project plans and deadlines.
- Block out serious time for engineering enhancements (Tech debt) and UX improvements (based on feedback of deployed features).
Our new architecture is cloud-native, which lets us focus on delivering business value to customers, not maintaining the plumbing.
Our stack is: React SPA with MobX and Typescript over a C# dotnet core backends-for-frontends WebAPI, hosted in Azure. In Azure we use App Services, SQL, Functions, Storage, Event Grid and Search.
As one of our Senior Engineers, you will have the following skills:
- A collaborative working style and an appreciation for working in an agile environment. You’ll be able to work with developers of all skill levels, and to coach and mentor your teammates.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to discuss technical problems and solutions with both technical and non-technical people.
- Ability to think holistically about the impact of your work and your decisions on the whole business, not just the engineering team.
- Ability to break large pieces of work into small, shippable units of value, collaborating to come up with simple, evolvable architectures that prioritise learning over perfection.
- An interest in scalability, usability, security, cloud platforms, privacy & ethics, and/or our industry: loss prevention / safer communities / crime prevention.
In your first 6 months at Auror:
- You’ll make big contributions to our product, working with Product Management and Design from the very beginning to make sure we’re delivering value to our customers and making a meaningful impact.
- You’ll use your coaching and mentoring skills to help level up other members of the Engineering team.
- You’ll get to know (and work on) the entire product and different parts of the codebase.
- You’ll work to improve our processes, tooling and tech stack.
With diversity and inclusion at the forefront of Aurors guiding principles, we promote a culture that celebrates diversity and inclusiveness at Auror, regardless of, but not limited to, race, gender, sexual orientation, family status, religion, ethnicity, national origin, physical disability, veteran status, or age.