Only considering candidates who are eligible to work in the UK ⚠️
The bank that’s leading the fintech charge!
We’re not like the rest. We’re true innovators, and we’re redefining what a bank should be. Ours is a bank for today and the future, a mobile-first bank. Forget the stuffy branches, with Atom you can bank whenever, wherever, faster, and simpler.
Could you be the next innovator to join us?
Want to join us?
As Atom is a digital only bank, this brings with it a set of risks from a security perspective. As Principal Security Engineer you’ll acts as the lead for the Security Operations team to protect, detect, respond, and recover to Atom’s customers, brand, people, and reputation. You’ll be an advocate of best-in-class security practice influencing at all levels, provide practical advice and guidance and remain approachable to all of Atom’s people.
You’ll have the opportunity to make a real impact in the design delivery, and development of the security model for our cloud environment, ensuring that infrastructure, applications, and processes remain in-line with various security standards and applicable legal, regulatory, industry best practice frameworks, whilst demonstrating your level of technical knowledge.
What will your ‘typical’ day look like…. (there’s no two days the same in Atom):
- Use a cloud first mentality when looking at best practices to design, implement, and develop security patterns aligned to Atom’s policies, standards, and procedures
- Support the engineering and project teams to deliver secure solutions
- Develop and participate in architecture reviews for new business solutions
- Identify security requirements and gaps in infrastructure, applications and processes, and determine and implement appropriate controls
- Lead and develop processes for security operational tasks and tooling. E.g. SIEM, EDR, Vulnerability Management
- Scope, conduct and assess complex penetration testing.
- Identifying security threats and converting this to a material impact.
What do we need from you?
- Considerable Security Architecture and Security Technology Design experience
- Experience of public cloud platforms, ideally GCP
- Good project management and consulting skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to adapt style to suit audience
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to build, develop and maintain relationships across all levels
- Confident, assertive and pragmatic approach with ability to exercise judgment and discretion where appropriate
- Flexible team player who can work autonomously
- Experience of mentoring, coaching, and developing members of Security Operations team
What you’ll get from us:
- Remote & Flexible working
- Annual Share Option scheme – company performance related
- 4 day week
- Incredibly generous company pension scheme (maximum of 13% of Atom input – candidate can put in more)
- ‘All About Me’ fund: £200 per year to spend on personal development
- 22.5 days holiday + 8 statutory days
- Private Medical Insurance for you and full family
- Health Cash Plan – expenses paid on Optical/Dental/other appointments/treatments
- Life Insurance – 4 times annual salary
- Critical illness cover – 1 x lump sum annual salary
- Cycle to work Scheme
PLEASE NOTE: You must have the legal right to work in the UK to apply for this role as Atom is unable to support Visa Applications/Sponsorship
Atom is an equal opportunities employer.We value you as an individual and therefore disregard race, religion/belief, gender, sexual orientation, maternity/pregnancy, age, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership and disability in any hiring decisions we make. Atom will always adhere to the Equality Act 2010.
All roles within Atom must adhere to the Conduct Rules as set out by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)
As part of Atom bank’s commitment to the FCA’s Consumer Duty, Atom will, take all reasonable steps to avoid causing foreseeable harm to customers, take all reasonable steps to enable customers to pursue their financial objectives and act in good faith.