Only considering candidates who are eligible to work in the UK ⚠️
The bank that’s leading the fintech charge!
Tech is at the heart of everything we do here at Atom. We’ve rebuilt the bank, from our app to our banking platform, to make sure it’s native and cloud-based. Thanks to this approach, we can develop new products and ship updates to customers rapidly.
We have very little legacy, but that doesn’t stop us looking for ways to improve. Speed and efficiency are always a priority, but we never compromise on security, usability, or reliability getting there.
Could you be the next innovator to join us?
Want to join us?
As a Principal Frontend Engineer, you’ll be is embedded into one of our Product aligned Value Streams and work alongside Solution & Tech Architects, Business Analyst, and the wider Engineering team to deliver to deliver business and technology driven change.
Whilst there will be a mobile app focus to this role, you’ll use your expertise across multiple platforms and technologies to add significant value. You’ll drive forward positive change and innovation to how we currently develop software within Atom Engineering across Value Streams whilst enabling the team to make the correct technical decisions, for now and the future strategy within your Value Stream team.
You’ll collaborate with colleagues to refine processes such as App releases, whilst providing expert technical guidance for designing applications and technical insight into risk events & root cause analysis meetings.
What will you be doing?
- Work across Value Streams as a technical point of contact for Mobile App Engineering
- Act as a Technical Lead for updates to core App functionality and architecture across iOS and Android platforms.
- Work with the Product Manager(s) to iteratively improve the solution and hone the data outputs.
- Work with other Lead & Principal Engineers across the Value Streams to ensure lessons and best practice is shared.
- Recommend new technologies that help increase productivity, improve end user experience and/or reduce total cost of ownership.
What do we need from you?
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or relevant STEM subject.
- Experience working across both iOS and Android platforms.
- Experience of mobile app modularisation.
- Experience of developing backend technologies such as Java, Golang within a Microservices Architecture.
- TDD/BDD experience and knowledge of APIs & API Structures.
- Experience of working in Agile/DevOps environment.
- Exposure to and understanding of a standard project lifecycle.
- Ability to understand business problems and think through technical solutions.
What’s in it for you?
- Flexible Hybrid & Remote working
- Salary £75k-£95k
- 4-day work week
- Annual Share Option – performance-related
- Incredibly generous company pension scheme (maximum of 13% of Atom input – candidate can put in more)
- ‘All About Me’ fund: £200 per year to spend on personal development
- 22.5 days annual leave plus public holidays
- Private Medical Insurance for you and your full family
- Health Cash Plan – expenses paid on Optical/Dental/other appointments/treatments
- Life Insurance – 4 times annual salary
- Critical illness cover – 1 x lump sum annual salary
- Cycle to Work Scheme
PLEASE NOTE: You must have the legal right to work in the UK to apply for this role as Atom bank are unable to support Visa Applications/Sponsorship
Atom is an equal opportunities employer. We value you as an individual and therefore disregard race, religion/belief, gender, sexual orientation, maternity/pregnancy, age, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership and disability in any hiring decisions we make. Atom will always adhere to the Equality Act 2010.
All roles within Atom must adhere to the Conduct Rules as set out by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
As part of Atom bank’s commitment to the FCA’s Consumer Duty, Atom will, take all reasonable steps to avoid causing foreseeable harm to customers, take all reasonable steps to enable customers to pursue their financial objectives and act in good faith.