Pricing and Trading Analyst
Flexibility is vital to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, 4 days @ 80% salary and compressed hours. Don't let anything stop you from applying.
Posted 1 month ago
Are you interested in getting into a trading and pricing role, where you can develop and take the next step in your career? If so, please keep reading....
What is the purpose of this role?
You will understand the mechanics of successful pricing, demand forecasting and hedging to give support where needed to the Senior Pricing Analyst and Senior Forecasting and Hedging analyst. You will also provide secondary support to the senior team members for both pricing and trading.
How will I spend my time in this role?
- Support in the maintenance and development of pricing tools for bespoke and book level tariffs;
- Produce reports on the activity of the market;
- Understand the mechanics of the demand forecasting system and provide support in the hedging and forecasting area of the team;
- Maintain and run the Mid-market pricing tools to enable competitive market acquisition prices;
- Project support for bespoke areas of commercial development, such as PPAs, GoOS, sales performance analysis, etc.
What skills/experience do I need to be considered?
- Good grasp on trading and hedging principles;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Strong Excel skills, VBA knowledge would be an advantage;
- SQL is not essential, but would be an advantage;
- Self-motivated and able to take personal ownership of a project;
- Keen to deliver commercial value in a business environment;
- Knowledge of the UK Energy industry is preferred, though not essential for the role.
Who are we?
The future of energy is digitised, decarbonised and localised. At Smartest Energy, we need revolutionary thinkers to help our customers make the most of this new landscape, thinking differently to find smart solutions to complex problems.
Formed in 2001, we’re an agile business driven by entrepreneurial thinking. As a subsidiary of the Marubeni Corporation, we also have strong investment and infrastructure behind us. We have three offices in the UK, one in the US and another in Australia. Further expansion is planned for 2022 and beyond which means global career opportunities for you, with plenty of potential to explore new markets.
Flexibility is vital to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, compressed hours, remotely or a mix of remote/office. Please talk to us about what flexibility means to you and don’t let anything stop you from applying.
When you join our Team, you will have the opportunity to contribute and make an impact every single day.
What else do we offer?
- The opportunity to work from anywhere in the world for 30 days per year;
- A genuine commitment to smarter working – we recognise your work/life balance matters;
- Paid time off to volunteer in your community;
- Excellent benefits package including private medical insurance/dental cover and non-contributory pension from month three;
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to what we do. We value everybody irrespective of background, disability, religion, gender identity, sexuality or ethnicity.
We know that for our business to thrive we need diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the countries in which we operate. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow.