Only considering candidates who are eligible to work in the USA ⚠️
If our Podcast Marketing Manager were a Venn diagram, your three circles would include → top-notch content, explosive growth strategy, and a smooth-as-butter customer journey.
Because you know that podcasts build businesses 💪🎧 and that more listeners = more lives changed. 💛
With that in mind, our Podcast Marketing Manager willoversee the creation, production, execution, conversion optimization, and revenue generation of our top-rated business podcast, Online Marketing Made Easy.
AKA you’ll take a good thing and make it even greater. 🙌
As the owner of our podcast (cool, right?), you will be responsible for developing and executing strategies to expand our podcast audience, increase listener engagement, and drive overall growth.
Our ideal candidate is as creative as they are strategic, with a passion for podcasts, a deep understanding of audience behavior, and a proven track record of successfully growing podcast audiences.
They come to the table with prior experience, a high-level of responsibility, and an understanding that the podcast is our single most important tool for connecting with our audience.
This is a remote role where you’ll be part of a passionate team working in a fast-paced digital environment.
This is a full-time position that reports directly to our Marketing Director, while also working closely with Amy and other key members of the team.
That said, the online marketing world doesn’t take breaks — that’s why we need our team members to be flexible, too. The tasks required in this role typically fit into a Monday – Thursday 8 am – 5 pm schedule but during product launches and busy seasons, we tend to tap into hours outside that range.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Podcast Marketing Manager is organized, is always thinking ten steps ahead, manages contractors, and is able to see the bigger picture while digging into the details and analytics.
Your tasks will include:
- Overseeing the podcast creation, production, editing, and quality control; Managing outside contractors, including copywriters, programmers, editors, and designers
- Managing the podcast script writing and review process to create clear, concise, and engaging podcast scripts that captivate the audience, maintain a consistent tone, and align with the overall vision and goals of the podcast
- Producing and developing all assets related to the podcast, such as show notes, graphics, social media posts, etc.
- Producing and sending our weekly podcast newsletter to our full email audience
- Identifying and pursuing opportunities for collaborations with other podcasts, influencers, or brands to cross-promote and reach new audiences
- Developing and executing plans to attract and retain a larger audience for the podcast, including website and social media practices
- Developing and executing strategies that make growing our email list via the podcast a priority and that promote our email list in consistent, ongoing campaigns
- Delivering regular reports on online traffic and download metrics, podcast revenue and lead generation, with strategic recommendations on where we could improve
- Keeping a pulse on conversations in our community (through podcast reviews) to learn more about our audience and capture testimonials
- Maintaining and updating our podcast episode database—we want to make it easy-peasy for our audience to find helpful and relevant episodes anytime!
- Staying up to date with the latest podcasting and digital marketing trends and technology
- Bringing fresh ideas and insights to the table based on your ongoing podcast intel (stuff like which topics are getting the most traction, what the audience is looking for more of, etc.)
- Collaborate and work with network team members and sponsors to secure ad placements, assets, and revenue generation
Skills, Abilities and Experience
The ideal candidate possesses the following strengths and skills:
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously—gets things done, meets deadlines and keeps promises
- Insane attention to detail
- Ability to anticipate needs
- Loves analytics, numbers and measurement
- Ability to present ideas and metrics clearly and concisely
- Extremely flexible when it comes to adapting timelines and sometimes working outside of the regular 9-5
- Online savvy: Understanding of and ideally experience in marketing, preferably online marketing
- 2+ years experience in podcasting, digital apps and/or audio production
- Exceptional research and editing skills and overall understanding of content development
- Coachable/no ego – happy doing high level projects as well as administrative tasks (there will be a mix of both!)
- Ability to secure, manage and appropriate resources to get things done
- Outstanding communication skills / Ability to create strong relationships with vendors, contractors, customers, key people from other organizations
- Strong ability to solve problems (creative problem solving)
If you’d like to be considered for this role please submit the following via email to [email protected] :
- Cover letter and PDF of your resume
- Answers to the following questions via email:
- Why do you think you are the best fit for this position?
- What are three podcast topics you think would make great Online Marketing Made Easy episodes?
- You notice that we are dipping in the Apple charts, and that our download numbers are lower than the previous week, what do you do?
- How did you learn about this opportunity?
- A 3-minute video introduction. (We will not review videos longer than 3 minutes. Please ensure the video is viewable to anyone with the link.)
Salary: $70,000 – $75,000 based on experience
Although we permit “side gigs” / work outside this role, it must not compete or overlap with the work we do, or interfere with your role and responsibilities within the team. Any consulting, coaching or side gigs related to marketing, business building or entrepreneurship are not permitted. This allows us to project a united front, show that we are in this together as one business, and have the greatest possible impact.
*Please note, applicants must reside within the US to be considered.
Want to learn a little bit more about us? Keep reading!
What We Do:
We empower entrepreneurs to build profitable online businesses that bring creative, professional and personal freedom.
In everything we do, we aim to inspire confidence and action. Our signature service is helping budding entrepreneurs break free in the areas of business that were once holding them back into new levels of joy and fulfillment. We give these entrepreneurs tangible proof that small actions every day will ultimately build a business worth creating and a life guided by their own design.
We lead a fun-loving culture and a dedicated team that is committed to excellence. We always find the upside to any situation and maintain the strength and flexibility to change course as our business evolves.
You might know Amy Porterfield from her top-rated “Online Marketing Made Easy” podcast, or from the courses and webinars she offers to help entrepreneurs build their business through social media and online marketing strategies. To learn more about our fearless leader, check out the details here.
Our team is ambitious (always striving for excellence), hungry (competitive to the core; always wanting to be at the top) and enthusiastic (always excited about the work we are doing.)
→ We value drive, hard work and kicking ass. When the heat’s turned up, we step up to the challenge. We are equally thoughtful about our commitments.
→ We believe that everyone is doing the very best they can in the moment. We lead with love, patience and understanding.
→ We believe in continuous growth and are open to feedback and necessary tough conversations to move us forward.
→ We are strategic and thoughtful in our actions. We believe there is always a way to make it work and we will do the digging to figure it out. We rely on each other when we get stuck.
→ We take pride in our reputation as industry leaders. We are honest, professional and intentional.
→ We believe we are all leaders. We own our individual positions like a boss.
→ We prioritize the down time so that we can be our best when we are showing up for ourselves, our team members and our students.
→ We believe in the diversity and inclusion of all people regardless of race, age, gender, sexual orientation, ability, and religion. This includes thoughts, ideas, beliefs and experiences.
Team Porterfield Perks:
Did we forget to mention all of the Team Porterfield perks after 90 days of employment? We're fast-paced and rapidly growing. Our small but mighty team is full of talented and motivated individuals who enjoy coming into work. But these awesome perks help just a little too:
- 4 Day Workweek/Flexible Work Schedule – Outside of launches, our company operates on a 4-day workweek schedule. Spend your long weekends however you’d like — a few team favorites include hiking new trails, watching Bridgerton, meal prepping something delicious, or grabbing a beer on a patio!
- Flexible Time Off and Sick Leave – Two words… unlimited PTO. Because working hard and taking full ownership of your role doesn’t come at the expense of lifestyle freedom.
- Paid Holidays – including a Thanksgiving Break and Holiday Break!
- Birthday Leave – Oh yes, you read that right. Never working on your birthday again. Hit the beach or the spa, we don’t care what you do, just don’t come to work!
- Team Vacation – Pack your bags! Amy treats her team members to an annual team trip to celebrate the accomplishments and hard work of our employees. No work — just play!
- Health Insurance – Health is wealth, my friend! And we make sure that accessing quality healthcare is never a concern for members of Team Porterfield.
- Bonus Potential – Hard work and smashing goals don’t go unnoticed — or unrewarded! — here on Team Porterfield. We’ll fill you in on all the deets about bonus potential!
- Retirement Savings Plan – Roth or 401k…whatever your preference, we’ve got a generous match!
- Financial Planning Assistance – You’re an expert at a lot of things…why not add personal finances to that list! A team of professional wealth strategy partners is available to provide financial planning assistance however you’d like it, from retirement to personal finances to investing to saving.
- Learning Opportunities – A mastermind, summit, or learning experience that will enrich your knowledge in your particular role? It’s on us!
- Life Coach Benefit – Pssst! We’ll split the bill.
- Charitable Donation – Your big heart is our favorite thing about you. It’s our delight to make a donation in your name to a charity each year.
- New Parent Leave – A benefit bundle of joy! Full-time team members receive 10 weeks of paid parental leave and an optional 2 weeks of unpaid leave.
- What can we say? We really like each other! From team building events and virtual happy hours to annual team trips, we like to work hard and play hard!
- Plus you’ll be workin’ for boss lady Amy Porterfield! (Did you know she was nominated for Forbes’ Top Social Media Influencer?)
- Forget the traditional corporate culture. Amy left that behind years ago for a reason and has created something entirely different! Have a question? Have an emergency? Having a bad day? At Team Porterfield we’re all family, here to support each other. You’ll find coworkers that cheer on your professional milestones as well as your personal victories.
- We believe in the diversity and inclusion of people regardless of race, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, and religion. This includes thoughts, ideas, beliefs and experiences. We are a pro-inclusion and anti-racism organization dedicated to upholding and enforcing policies to support it.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to effectively communicate via chat/messaging systems and email. The employee is frequently required to remain in a stationary position and occasionally required to move from one location to another. The employee is required to constantly use computer and office productivity equipment such as a desktop computer, laptop, and printer, as well as computer software such as Google Suite for Business. The employee may frequently move up to 10 pounds.
Disclaimer: All job requirements are subject to possible revision to reflect changes in the position requirements or to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a threat or risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to which will be required in this position. Employees will be required to follow other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor/manager (within guidelines and compliance with Federal and State Laws). Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.