Hi! We’re The Wanderlust Group an outdoor technology company composed of Dockwa.com, Marinas.com and the forthcoming Campouts. We build marketplaces that connect adventurers to outdoor destinations, and technology that helps those destinations thrive. We believe that the best way we can make the world better is to get people out in it.
At The Wanderlust Group, you’ll be an integral part of a growing team, able to make an immediate impact and work alongside some of the most talented and dynamic people anywhere. We believe that a great culture enables great teams to do incredible things.
The TWG platform team is building a platform that will enable our “next Horizon” initiatives. This platform aims to be the centerpoint of information on both sides of the market. It will support both the expansion of our partnership initiatives, our data products and our internal systems.
As a Senior Product Manager you will oversee the product strategy and day to operations of our platform team from a product perspective. You will support both our internal go to market teams, the office of the CEO and existing product development efforts. You will define our top level data product roadmap and lead the overall reshaping of our technology into a true platform.
As a Senior Product Manager @ TWG you will:
- Create and communicate a vision and strategy for our Data products
- Engage with internal go to market teams to understand their internal and customer facing technology needs.
- Work with platform engineering to define and execute on priority product work to support all aspects of TWG technology development.
- Support the office of the CEO in the exploration of our Horizon 2 and Horizon 3 company initiatives.
- Define product and design hiring and growth plans for the Platform team.
- Define external API and integration strategy
- Provide support to engineering as they build solutions based on the problems and design concepts.
- Communicate and educate product changes to the company at large to ensure smooth and continuous improvement processes.
- Lead product development priority discussions based on customer knowledge.
- Facilitate research and testing of product concepts, MVPs and prototypes.
- Quantify the impact of product improvements.
We think the best candidates will have:
- 6+ years of product management experience
- Experience in data product development and packaging
- Strong platform development perspective and experience.
- Exceptional ability to understand and communicate complex technical solutions in audience appropriate ways
- Thrives in an iterative environment that favors small continuous improvement of grand design execution.
- Comfortable with an often ambiguous, fast paced and ever evolving start-up environment.
- Capable of understanding customer psychology, motivations and needs.
- Willing to test alternatives and comfortable with imperfect solutions.
- Enjoys engaging and learning from customers directly whenever possible.
- Seeks to quantify insights with data whenever possible.
- Possesses a strong understanding of marketplace and platform dynamics.
We’re all about adventure here @ The Wanderlust Group, but we also want you to know what to expect on your journey with us, starting with the application phase through the interview process:
- Interview Process Step 1: 30-minute Zoom or Phone / Exploratory call with a member of our Talent Team
- Interview Process Step 2: 30-minute Zoom Meeting / Initial discussion with our VP of Product, Nathan Kollett
- Interview Process Step 3: 30-60min Zoom Meeting(s) / Final Round “Team Loop” where you will have 1:1 discussions with three members of our Product and Engineering Team(s)
Please check out the following resources to learn more about us:
- Read about our 4- day work week
- Blog | The Wanderlust Group: Outdoor Travel Technology Company
- Dockwa Boating and Cruising Blog | Cruising, Travel, How-To, Events, Regattas
- Marinas.com | Where boaters come first to find slips & services.
- Dockwa on the App Store
- Dockwa on Google Play
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $165,000-$215,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location.
The Wanderlust Group is a unique company and culture. A hybrid B2B and B2C business, we connect boaters to marinas and campers to campgrounds. Because we believe in the value of putting screens down and getting outside, we operate on a 4-day workweek and don’t cap vacation time. We take Mondays off, and prioritize focus and productivity Tuesday through Friday. We also care a lot about the marinas and campgrounds we serve. They are often small businesses playing an important role in the local economy around them. That dedication carries through our work. Finally, because we are wanderers at heart, we are a remote-first company. This, and all positions, can be based anywhere in the United States.