Plan Check Engineer
Since 1976, Cannon has been providing Reliable Responsive Solutions to clients in land development; oil and gas production and distribution, power generation; water resources, transportation, public infrastructure; education; as well as aerospace and defense. As a C-10 Contractor (#970186), and multidisciplinary engineering firm, we at Cannon are able to offer a wide range of services to meet any of your engineering needs. Our staff of professionals includes: - Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Petroleum, Chemical, and Structural Engineers - Registered Engineers and Licensed Land Surveyors - Survey Technicians - Instrumentation and Controls (SCADA) Specialists - Construction Managers - Funding Administrators - LEED Accredited Professionals - GIS Specialists - Planners Our approach to projects emphasizes safety, operability, and maintainability while not losing sight of our client's need to manage project cost. To do so, Cannon fosters a collegial environment where education and training are at the forefront through professional development programs which includes leadership training, technical training, mentoring and more. Through our Cannon Relief Crew (CRC) and Loose Cannons Teams, we find the important balance between working hard and playing even harder. It is about doing things together, as a team, that we might not try on our own. Year after year we go beyond where we thought we could, stretching our minds and bodies (and hamstrings) with extreme challenges. Just ask yourself: Do you want to just have a job or do you want to accomplish great feats, bigger than anything you could have imagined doing on your own? That's what Loose Cannons is all about. We work hard. We play hard. We have fun!
Only considering candidates who are eligible to work in the USA ⚠️
You'll Come for a Job…But You'll Stay for an Exciting Career!
Engineering and Designing Reliable, Responsive, Solutions.
Since 1976, CANNON has provided creative solutions to clients in the energy industry, water resources, public infrastructure, and commercial and residential development. We work hard. We play hard. We have fun.
Join CANNON as a PLAN CHECK ENGINEER (PART TIME OR FULL TIME) in IRVINE.
Irvine offers warm weather, beautiful scenery, and is a top bicycling city with miles of on-road bicycle lanes and mountain bike trails. It is one of the safest communities and the public schools have consistently ranked among the best in California.
Plan Check Engineer Job Summary
Responsible for examining plans of commercial, industrial and single and multi-family projects to determine conformance with Orange County or surrounding counties, and City codes and ordinances. Performs professional duties involving the review and checking of plans including but not limited to, Hydrology and Hydraulics, WQMP, LID, Site Grading, & SD (as needed). Possesses communication, technical writing, and presentation skills, and is capable of independently evaluating, selecting, and applying engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria to projects.
Plan Check Engineer Job Duties
- Reviews engineering plans, reports, and supporting calculations submitted for residential, commercial, and industrial developments to ensure compliance with city and county design guidelines and regulations (conditions of approval, master plans, low impact development, etc)
- Checks for accuracy of design in conformance with City Standards and Check Lists.
- Works independently and as a team member; recognizes and sets priorities and meets deadlines.
- As needed, performs record keeping and documentation of plan check reviews.
- As needed, monitors and updates plan check log on a weekly basis in Microsoft Excel.
- Requires bachelor's degree from an accredited college in civil engineering or closely related field.
- Requires 5+ years' experience in civil engineering industry, preparing studies such as Hydrology and WQMP.
- Preferred a minimum of 2 years' experience as a plan checker reviewing plans and hydrology and WQMP reports and related grading or improvement plans.
- Candidate must be familiar with computer operation (MS Office).
- Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Professional appearance and interaction.
- Successful completion of EIT required; California PE is preferred but not required.
competitive salaries, relocation assistance, excellent benefits package (if working 32+ hours/week), remote work flexibility, and an active and positive team building, work environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status