Pipeline & Automation Tools Engineer
In 2022, we announced that our studio is implementing a four-day work week (32hrs) as well as supporting in-studio, remote, and hybrid work arrangements as permanent options to our employees.
Posted 3 weeks ago
Blackbird Interactive is a creative-fueled, future-driven, independent game studio where the best talent in the industry can find long-term careers to help grow their abilities while working on a wide range of projects, which encompass world-class IPs as well as our own creations across multiple genres.
In 2022, we announced that our studio is implementing a four-day work week as well as supporting in-studio, remote within Canada, and hybrid work arrangements as permanent options to our employees.
Pipeline & Automation Tools Engineer
The Technical Services department provides technical support and services to aid BBI’s development of high quality games. Reporting to the platform and automation lead, you will work on our central services team to develop and maintain automated pipelines and processes to maximize the effectiveness of our game teams.
- Work with other pipeline and technical content creators to design effective workflows and development pipelines.
- Create, maintain, and support content creation pipelines to the improve workflows and user experience.
- Support and maintain our existing automated pipelines, including our build and test automation environments.
- Author and support tools and plugins designed to reduce repetitive and time-consuming tasks.
- Foster collaboration between the Platform and Automation team and the creative domains within the studio’s various projects.
- Keep up with industry trends and developments in new technologies that could improve our systems and workflows.
- Cultivate observability in our new and existing automations and systems.
- Share knowledge and expertise with the rest of the Platform and Automation team.
- Degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of experience working in games, VFX, or another relevant industry.
- Experience with one or more scripting or programming languages such as C#, Python, or PowerShell.
- Familiarity with content creation software such as Maya, Houdini, Photoshop, Shotgrid, or ZBrush (not inclusive)
- A strong understanding of game development and/or content creation workflows.
- Excellent verbal and written English; able to communicate clearly with both technical and non-technical audiences.
Vacation & Extras
+ 4-day, 32-hour work week for all full-time staff
+ Mentorship program
+ Skunkworks internal game jam program
+ 4 weeks paid vacation per year
+ 11 paid stat holidays
+ 3 paid days per year for professional development
+ December holiday studio closure (extra paid time off!)
+ Comprehensive health/dental benefits from day 1
+ Life insurance
+ $300 Healthcare Spending Account per annum
+ RRSP matching up to $1500
+ Profit-sharing bonus program
If applying for an artistic role, please provide a link to your portfolio and/or demo reel.
Any questions about the role and/or accessibility requests can be sent to: [email protected]
Unfortunately, we cannot reply to everyone. Only successful applicants will be contacted about the next steps. Thank you for your understanding.
If you are interested in the role, please apply even if your experience and skills don’t perfectly match our ideal credentials. We are committed to inclusion and especially encourage members of historically marginalized communities to apply. As an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. BBI does not discriminate against applicants based on gender, race, national and ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.
Blackbird Interactive is privileged to be developing our projects on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish) and səl̓ílwətaʔɬ /Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.