Only considering candidates who are eligible to work in Vancouver, Canada ⚠️
Alida believes in a world where customers are respected as the ultimate source of truth. Because knowing the whole truth about your customers—even the parts that are hard to hear—can help companies make better decisions that drive long-term customer loyalty and growth.
That’s why Alida created its Total Experience Management Platform; a comprehensive CX solution powered by a highly-engaged, verified, always-on community of your most engaged customers that fuels sustainable business impact.
With Alida, innovative companies like HBOMax, Adobe, Lululemon and LinkedIn can anticipate their customers' ever-evolving needs to make better decisions, build long-term relationships, and grow businesses that stand the test of time.
Over 176 million people globally have used Alida's Total Experience platform to inform over 60,000 customer experiences initiatives.
Join us on our mission to put truth into action at www.alida.com and @alidaTXM.
We have an amazing opportunity for an experienced Payroll Specialist to join our Global People & Culture Team. We are looking for a dedicated team member that loves the challenges of processing a global payroll and administering benefits across all jurisdictions. You will be detail oriented, curious and able to work with all levels of leadership and employees in different offices. You are the perfect fit if you are a team player, where no job is too big or small for you and you have no hesitation in rolling up your sleeves to help and collaborate for win-win results. We are a close-knit team that loves to have fun and work together to reach our company goals.
Please note this is a 16 month maternity leave coverage position, to be based out of either our Vancouver or Toronto office. The ideal start date for this will be September, to allow for a significant crossover period.
- Ensure timely and accurate payroll processing for global company with offices in North America, APAC and EMEA, using ADP WorkForceNow and local payroll vendors
- Ensure and maintain compliance with government legislation, regulations and workforce standards across all jurisdictions
- Respond in a timely manner to employees’ payroll inquiries/requests
- Process, allocate and reconcile all benefits billing statements
- Enter and update employee master file information in various systems
- Complete payroll year end duties, including all tax statements and summaries according to jurisdictional requirements and deadlines
- Having a working knowledge of stock options and other equity programs
- Responsible for payroll journal entries, accruals and reconciliations across all jurisdictions
- Process and review monthly billings for accuracy from insurance providers.
- Coordinate with HR & Benefits Analyst to administer health benefit plans
- Ensure timely payment of health benefits carriers/insurers
- General HR administrative support
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to develop and maintain internal and external relationships (HR, Finance, ADP, payroll vendors, Canada Revenue Agency, Internal Revenue Service, workers compensation, etc.)
- A team player who doesn't mind working independently and within a team
- Payroll Compliance Practitioner or higher level (Canadian Payroll Association) would be ideal
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Well versed and knowledgeable in ADP WorkForce Now, Netsuite, BambooHR, Gmail and be generally tech savvy
- 3 plus years payroll experience would be fantastic but willing to look at less depending on experience
- Experience in the SaaS or CXM industry would be ideal!
- Experience with global payroll would be a tremendous asset
- A keen attention to detail with strong organization, time management, analytical and problem solving skills
- You are versatile, adaptable, flexible and have a good sense of humor
The Good Stuff:
+ Amazing growth and learning opportunities with a fast-growing Canadian SaaS company that is a world leader in its industry
+ Best-in-class company paid benefits for you and your family - offering medical, dental, vision, RRSP matching in Canada, a 401K in the US, and more.
+ Unlimited Vacation: Yep, it’s true. Take vacation when you want it, how you want it. Designed to better fit your evolving needs.
+ Summer Fridays: Fridays are a day off during July and August. To help provide better balance in the summer months focusing on employee wellness.
+ Recognized as a Great Place to Work® 2021-2022
+ Recognized in 2022 as one of the Best places to Work®
+ Recognized as a Top Employer by British Columbia's Top Employers 2022
We can’t wait to meet you!
We understand that applying for a new position takes effort and want to thank you in advance for taking the time to introduce yourself.
At Alida, we’re dedicated to fostering an environment where our employees feel heard, valued and included.
We believe that a diverse team is a core pillar in building better products and services for our global customers and we strongly encourage applications from all people regardless of race, religion, gender, age, disability status or sexual orientation. Even if you don't meet every single one of the stated requirements but you are excited about this opportunity, we'd love to hear from you anyway. Our Talent Acquisition team will review your application for this role, and others we may have open now or in the future.
Follow us at www.alida.com and engage with us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram.
Alida has an accommodation process in place to provide reasonable accommodation to employees, and to qualified job applicants with a disability during the hiring process. If you require accommodation because of a disability or medical need, please contact accommodations_[email protected] so that arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodations to be in place.
Alida takes your private information seriously. Review our Candidate Privacy Statement here to understand how we use and protect your personal information.