Part-time Student Training in Engineering Program Intern, 2023
Posted 4 months ago
Applications for this role will open on Sep 19, 2022
- Currently in your first or second year of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Experience programming in either Java, C++, or Python
- Currently studying in Switzerland
- Experience in programming outside of university courses
- Ability to work part-time alongside your studies for a minimum of 26 weeks
- Ability and interest to learn other coding languages as needed
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently
About the job
This internship is intended for students in their first or second year of an accredited full-time degree program in Computer Science or related technical fields. We especially encourage applications from students underrepresented in the engineering and tech industry.
Google is invested in increasing the number of future computer scientists and software developers, particularly those who are historically underrepresented in the field. Many aspiring computer scientists could benefit from a program that bridges the gap between academic study and a professional internship.
The Student Training in Engineering Program (STEP) aims to do just that. The program offers students the opportunity to work on a software project alongside another STEP intern, with the support of full-time Googlers and a mentor. You will also attend weekly trainings to enhance your technical and professional skills.
Google is an engineering company at heart. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on users around the world. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, social to local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Apply knowledge gained in computer science courses to real-world challenges.
- Complete a challenging technical project with a team of Googlers and other STEP interns.
Enhance coding by using tools and programming languages.
- Attend training sessions to build your professional skills and to help set you up for success.
- Be matched with a Google Engineer to mentor you throughout the internship.